Upgraded to Office 2010: Can no longer send or receive email

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gspam1

I just upgraded to Outlook 2010 from Outlook 2007 (Windows 7 Ultimate). All my messages in my Personal Folders came over fine. However, I can no longer send or receive emails on any of my accounts. I get the following error message: 0x8004010F 'Outlook Data File cannot be accessed'.

I have run scanpst.exe on my Outlook.pst file but that did not help.

I installed the 32 bit version of Outlook per the default settings.

Thanks!

G

gspam1

You should never try to upgrade Outlook. You should install it clean. If you do attempt an upgrade, it is mandatory that you create a new Outlook profile from scratch before Outlook will work correctly.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/829918&Product=out2003

Russ Valentine

Russ,

Uh, as part of the installaton process, Outlook 2010 removes Outlook 2007 and Microsoft itself sells it as an upgrade? I was just following the Microsoft installation instructions that come in the box. At any rate, you were spot on, it was the profile that was the issue. I recreated my nine email accounts in a new profile and that did the trick. Sort of a pain, but at least it works now.

Thank you very much!!!

R

Russ Valentine

I know full well what Microsoft says. Microsoft does not function on this planet. Microsoft continues to believe that you can install Outlook as an upgrade. Those of us who do reside on this planet know better.

Glad it worked. Sorry Microsoft makes everything such a pain without even acknowledging their shortcomings. Sorry , too, that you did not credit me with a correct response. Microsoft makes us work for tips in these forums. Without those tips, few of us independent critics will remain to call them up short when they fail. I suspect that's what they want.

Russ Valentine

Status
Not open for further replies.