how to email word 2003 document thru outlook 2003 without having the email sitting in the outlook outbox there?? I want the email to be sent out direc

• Thread starter Roland_axp
  • Start date Views 560
Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Roland_axp

how to email word 2003 document thru outlook 2003 without having the email sitting in the outlook outbox there?? I want the email to be sent out directly..........

I do not have this problem if I use outlook express. The email will be sent out thru outlook express without clicking the send/receive button. please help me how to solve this issue in word 2003 & outlook 2003. I knew that we can set execute send/receive every 5 or 10 minutes in outlook 2003 but what will happen if we never open the outlook 2003 program at all as we only open word 2003 to type document & send out email with this document(everything done in word 2003 only therefore never bother to open the outlook 2003 again........u got what I mean???? S.O.S. urgent....

I am using windows XP & office 2003

G

GordonBP

how to email word 2003 document thru outlook 2003 without having the email sitting in the outlook outbox there?? I want the email to be sent out directly..........

I do not have this problem if I use outlook express. The email will be sent out thru outlook express without clicking the send/receive button. please help me how to solve this issue in word 2003 & outlook 2003. I knew that we can set execute send/receive every 5 or 10 minutes in outlook 2003 but what will happen if we never open the outlook 2003 program at all as we only open word 2003 to type document & send out email with this document(everything done in word 2003 only therefore never bother to open the outlook 2003 again........u got what I mean???? S.O.S. urgent....

I am using windows XP & office 2003

Outlook will not send mail unless it's running. Neither will ANY email client AFAIK.....If you find my response helpful, please click on the "Vote as Helpful" button!Thank you! My Blog

Y

Yves Dhondt

I asked that same question several years ago, and apparently, if Outlook isn't open, it can't send the email. It just remains in your outbox. This is indeed different from the Outlook Express behaviour (http://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/thread-803369.php)

Anyway, you should ask this question in the Outlook forums (http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/officeoutlook) as the behaviour you describe is with all tools which interact with Outlook and not specifically related to Word (which this forum is). For example, if you have WinZip there is a "zip and mail" feature which will also drop the mail in your outbox without sending it directly.

S

Sue Fields

I currently have Microsoft Word 2003. I have in the past sent out documents by email. Lately, after I type the document, then under "file" I "send to mail recepient", then there is not a "send" button to actually send the document. Could use some help!

R

Russ Valentine

And we could use some information. What is your default email client and how is it configured? Is it running when you use the Send to Mail Recipinet command?Russ Valentine

Status
Not open for further replies.