Can you create a show/hide toggle button in Outlook 2003?

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

coldfreeze

Can you create a Show/Hide button to hide a big wall of text when composing mail in Outlook 2003? This is so your mails are neat and only mail receipents who want to read the details can click on a "plus button" and the chunks of texts will be instantly revealed.

Lotus notes has got this feature if I'm not wrong, but I can't remember what was it called.

R

Roady [MVP]

No, since this would require scripting and scripting is not allowed in emails from a security perspective.

What you can do is create an index with links and place the additional text at the bottom of the message. When people click such a link they will jump directly to the bookmark within that message.
See: Clickable index in e-mails

C

coldfreeze

Hi Robert,

Thanks for the tip about the index with links. this method works like a content page. Strangely when i hover over the links in my sent items, there's a pop up box from Outlook that says blocked. It there some security setting to change.

R

Roady [MVP]

This often happens when you have no virus scanner installed or a virus scanner installed which does not report its health status to Windows. Which virus scanner are you using?

Do the links still work?

Status
Not open for further replies.