Outlook 2003 gives "The spelling check was unsuccessful" when I click Send button

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

coldfreeze

I use Word as my email editor. When I click send, I will get a prompt that says " The spell check is unsuccessful. Do you want to send anyway?" If I click Yes, my mail still gets sent.

But actually the spell check is working fine. I will get the red underlines when I incorrectly type words and I can manually check the spelling using F7.

Anyone knows what went wrong?

C

coldfreeze

Hi Diane and Ruchi,

I do not get the message if I disable the option to check spelling on send. And if I start in safe mode, I don't get the error message too. But in safe mode, I cannot enable Ms Word to be my email editor.

D

Dj Hab

The value data for the SharedFilesDir registry value does not contain a trailing backslash (\) in the following registry key (that is, there should be a backslash immediately after Shared Tools): HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Shared Tools Absence of this trailing backslash prevents location of the Csapi3t1.dll file and causes the spelling checker not to function properly.

The Csapi3t1.dll file, which is located in the Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Proof folder, is missing or damaged. The Mssp232.dll or Mssp2_en.lex file is missing or damaged.

To resolve this issue, use Registry Editor to verify that the value data in the SharedFilesDir registry value contains a trailing backslash: Start/Run/Regedit

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Shared Tools folder, and then click the SharedFilesDir value. On the Edit menu, click Modify. Type C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\ in the Value Data box, and then click OK.

C

coldfreeze

Hi Dj Hab,

The registry key entry does have a trailing backslash. But in the proof folder, i do not have a mssp232.dll, but i do have a csapi3t.dll and mssp2_en.lex.

Status
Not open for further replies.