Outlook 2007 dosen't use Word for inline spell checking after I upgraded Office Home&Student 2010

• Thread starter Mark Cassidy
  • Start date Views 666
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mark Cassidy

After upgrading my Home and Student version of Office from 2007 to 2010...My Corporate Outlook 2007 client has stopped displaying in line Spell checking.

I still have the option to check spelling before sending emails.. but no longer get the red & green wiggly lines in the mail body while editing.

(note Outlook 2007 worked well with Office Home and Student 2007... but the installation was removed when i upgraded to Office 2010.. to get to my corporate email i needed to download / Install Outlook 2007 from my work server again)

Brian Tillman

In-line spell checking is done when Word is the mail editor. When the verison of Outlook and Word don't match, some of the features you have when they do are no longer there. Themes and stationery, mail merge, and in-line spell check are among them. You broke it by upgrading the Office suite to a different version, since Home and Student doesn't include Outlook.
----------------------------

M

Mark Cassidy

I recall Outlook 2003 working just fine with Office 2007.
By breaking backward compatibility Microsoft has just alienated one more Customer.

As i now have to uninstall Office 2010.. go back to 2007 and wait for my Company to upgrade to Outlook 2010. (if that ever happens)

Nice work Micro$oft.

Status
Not open for further replies.