Synchronizing Contacts through Proxy with Microsoft Outlook Hotmail Connector in Outlook 2010

  • Thread starter HawkInOz
  • Start date Views 1,969
Status
Not open for further replies.
H

HawkInOz

I have the Microsoft Outlook Hotmail Connector 32-bit (14.0.4763.1000) installed in Microsoft Outlook 2010 (14.0.4760.1000) 32-bit, for synchronizing my Windows Live HotmailPlus account. When not behind a Proxy server, everything synchronizes fine. However, behind a Proxy server (where I spend the majority of my day), I get the following error repeatedly:

Task 'HawkInOz' reported error (0x8004102A) : 'Error with Send/Receive. There was an error synchronizing a contacts folder. Error : 8004100f.'

The only Contacts folder I have, is the " Favorites" category, which I cannot delete. Attempting to delete it from the Windows Live web interface results in the message " Sorry, you can delete any of your categories except for favorites." Were it not for this, I would have no " contacts folders" to synchronize - and possibly no errors during synchronization. I have tried to populate the normally empty category/folder to see if its being empty was the cause of the error, but that had no effect on the process and the error on every single synchronization persists. I have searched for these error codes, but come up empty.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.
 
H

HawkInOz

I was unaware of the Sync Issues folder - which contained over 2000 items! Yikes!

Unfortunately, the referenced article appears to only relate to problems with Mail folders or Calendar folders. My problem is with Contacts, and the log does not provide a folder name causing the error. Here is the applicable portion of the latest Synchronization Log (which are being generated every 10 minutes!):

____

10:30:30 Synchronizing server changes in folder 'Contacts'

10:30:31

*******************

10:30:31

*Request*

10:30:31 10:30:30:0556

10:30:31 POST

10:30:31 http://

10:30:31 contacts.msn.com

10:30:31 /ABService/ABService.asmx

10:30:31

10:30:31 <ABFindAll xmlns=" http://www.msn.com/webservices/AddressBook " > <abId>00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000</abId><abView>Full</abView><lastChange>2010-07-12T09:18:26.46-07:00</lastChange><deltasOnly>true</deltasOnly></ABFindAll>

10:30:31

*Response*

10:30:31 10:30:31:0466

10:30:31

10:30:31

10:30:31

10:30:31

*******************

10:30:31 Error with Send/Receive.

10:30:31 There was an error synchronizing a contacts folder. Error : 8004100f.

____

One thing I might question is the references to msn.com in the log. Just to repeat, my account is a Windows Live Hotmail Plus account, not an MSN account.

Thank you.
 
H

HawkInOz

No luck with Vinay's suggestions, but I think I may have this one fixed - even if I don't fully understand all the components involved. Here's the breakdown:

I set up my AV/Firewall software (Kaspersky Internet Security 2011) to scan encrypted connections.

On the next synchronization, I was prompted to install a certificate for contacts.msn.com, issued by the internal proxy server.

I installed the certificate provided into my Personal -> Certificates (in Certificate Manager).

I requested and installed internal Trusted Root and Intermediate CA certificates for my organization and installed them.

Now I am able to synchronize my Contacts without any errors and without any Synchronization Logs appearing in the Sync Issues folder.

If anyone cares to better explain what was happening for the benefit of the rest of the forum, I wouldn't be opposed.

Thank you!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top