What happen to 'View Attachments' context menu item in Outlook 2010?

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

raymegal2

I used to be able to open attachments in Outlook 2007 via the keyboard by using the 'View Attachments' context menu item but it is gone in Outlook 2010. I've looked around but I haven't been able to find an alternative: Is there a new way to open attachments from the keyboard in Outlook 2010 without opening the message?

Thanks,

Ray

R

raymegal2

Re: What happened to 'View Attachments' context menu item in Outlook 2010?

Do you mean to say that 'View Attachments' is gone and that I have to add it back programmatically if I want it back? Just want to be sure before I do that.

Thanks,

Ray

R

Ruchi Bisht

Sorry I misunderstood your issue try the below mentioned steps:

1. Open Outlook.

2. Click File->Options->Trust center->Trust center settings and click on Attachment handling.

3. Check the box Turn Off Attachment preview.

4. Click ok and check if that helps.

Ruchi Bisht

R

raymegal2

I clicked the 'Turn Off Attachment preview' in the Trust Center Settings and then restarted Outlook. The 'View Attachments' context menu item did not come back.

I'm really just looking for a quick way to open an attachment in Outlook 2010 from the keyboard. It was super easy in Outlook 2007; I could just select the message, right-click using the context-menu key, and then hit 'h' for 'View Attachments'. In 2010 I have to open the message and then tab to the attachment, select it, right-click and choose Open. Is there an easier way in 2010 in lieu of the 'View Attachments' context-menu item being gone?

Chrish1

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
POP3
I agree - this is a particularly annoying change to functionality I used to use daily :-(

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
It's more steps but when the message attachment in the attachment row is highlighted, you can use the arrow key to select the attachment, then context menu to preview or open.

What I'm having problems with it getting into the message/attachment field so i can select it with the arrow - sometimes tab gets me into it and sometimes it doesn't. (i usually use the mouse for this and don't remember all the shortcuts.)

If the message is open, tab will get into the attachment row.

Status
Not open for further replies.