pst. files added as data files are incomplete!

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JodyT

My exchange server was changed to 2010. I was able to import my defaul mailbox successfully, but I have years worth of info stored in 2 other pst files that will not import. When I try to add them via datafiles, they are incomplete, missing most of their subfolders.

I can't afford to lose those files! What am I doing wrong. They were all there as of last week, but are now missing masses of items.

Jody

G

GordonBP

My exchange server was changed to 2010. I was able to import my defautl mailbox successfully, but I have years worth of info stored in 2 other pst files that will not import. When I try to add them via datafiles, they are incomplete, missing most of their subfolders.

I can't afford to lose those files! What am I doing wrong? They were all there as of last week, but are now missing masses of items.

Jody
Why are you trying to import? Just do File-Open-Outlook Data File.If you find my response helpful, please click on the "Vote as Helpful" button!Thank you!My Blog

J

JodyT

Thnaks... I tried that (as well as Import and Data File Managment) and only a few of my dozens of folders are present. One of the 2 seems to cut off some time in April. On the other one complete folders are missing. I'm freaking out!Jody

N

Natasha Dsouza

What is the size of the backup pst? Create a new profile and open the pst files in the new profile and check if the data exists.

Refer the KB article mentioned below to create new profile:http://support.microsoft.com/kb/829918

If the same happens in the new profile scan the pst file and then check for data. For information on how to scan pst clickhere.

Note: Make a backup of the pst file before running the scan pst tool.

S

Sue Mosher - Outlook MVP

They were all there as of last week, but are now missing masses of items.

Was archiving turned on for those folders that are missing items? If so, the items may be in the archive .pst file(s).

Status
Not open for further replies.