Transport Rules Append Fonts/Colors/sizes

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dpharig

When I use the transport rule wizard to create an appended disclaimer it doe nto allow me to select the font or size or color.   Exchange 2007 ad this feature but somehow it is not present in exchange 2010?   Anyone else?

Dave

S

Stephan - Swapper

Hey Dave,
Yeah I see the same thing - even the actual, "Action" is labeled different between Exchange 2007 & Exchange 2010 IE:

Exchange 2007 - Disclaimer Transport Rule
"append disclaimer text using font, size, color, with seperator and fallback to action if unable to apply."

Exchange 2010 - Disclaimer Transport Rule
"append disclaimer text and fallback to action if unable to apply."

You can see Microsoft purposefully removed the font, size, and color... I thought maybe there was another seperate, "Action" item just for this but doesn't look like it.

B

Brian Day MCITP [MVP]

Just try putting in the HTML equivalents, see if that works (not sure if it does in this build).Brian Day / MCSA / CCNA, Exchange/AD geek.

S

Stephan - Swapper

You beat me to it Brian ^_^
I was just going to reply to this quoting your information - it works! So using HTML, I simply added font size, font type, and color!

Dpharig -

All you have to do is something like this, it worked for me Thanks to Brian's advice from another post I had:

<html>
<body>
Disclaimer Text via Hub Transport - Pulling AD Attributes
<br><br>

<font size="1" face="Arial" color="#0000FF">
Legal Jargon - blah blah blah
</font>

</body>
</html>

For HTML color codes, I used: http://www.computerhope.com/htmcolor.htm 

B

Brian Day MCITP [MVP]

Glad to hear it worked out well for you. :)Brian Day / MCSA / CCNA, Exchange/AD geek.

D

dpharig

Thank you guys  that did the trick for color, font and size,    Now,  I know this sounds petty but how do I get the divider live back between the message boddy and the append?  This was present in 2007?  Why do they remove functionality like this?

B

Brian Day MCITP [MVP]

Probably need a HR in the HTML. If they removed it from automatically being there it may have been becuase not everyone wants one. I personally can't stand them. :)Brian Day / MCSA / CCNA, Exchange/AD geek.

Status
Not open for further replies.