Search Folder for additional Exchange account

  • Thread starter Franz Leu
  • Start date Views 3,601
Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Franz Leu

Hi

In my profile I have set to open an additional Exchange account. In

OL2003 I could have a second search folder to show me unread email from

this account.

When trying to creating a new search folder I am only offered to set it

up for the main account and for the archive folder.

How can I create a search folder for the additional account in OL2007?

Thanks

Franz
 
M

Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

If opened as an additional mailbox, you would need to set the search folder

options under that mailbox. Search folders do not work across mailbox

stores.


After furious head scratching, Franz Leu asked:

| Hi

|

| In my profile I have set to open an additional Exchange account. In

| OL2003 I could have a second search folder to show me unread email

| from this account.

| When trying to creating a new search folder I am only offered to set

| it up for the main account and for the archive folder.

|

| How can I create a search folder for the additional account in OL2007?

|

| Thanks

| Franz
 
F

Franz Leu

schrieb:
> If opened as an additional mailbox, you would need to set the search folder
> options under that mailbox. Search folders do not work across mailbox
> stores.
>


Obviously, that does not work in OL2007 anymore.

If I add an additional mailbox in OL2003 then I automatically get the

search folders under the additional mailbox.

If I add an additional mailbox in OL2007 there is no search folder under

that mailbox.

How can I add that?

Franz
 

Diane Poremsky

Senior Member
Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
I have them under my secondary mailbox in Outlook 2007 SP2. What

permissions do you have on the mailbox?

"Franz Leu" <franz.spamremove.leu@norfolk.spamremove.ch> wrote in message

news:Oyfe#hizJHA.5728@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
> schrieb:
> > If opened as an additional mailbox, you would need to set the search
> > folder options under that mailbox. Search folders do not work across
> > mailbox stores.
> >

> Obviously, that does not work in OL2007 anymore.
> If I add an additional mailbox in OL2003 then I automatically get the
> search folders under the additional mailbox.
> If I add an additional mailbox in OL2007 there is no search folder under
> that mailbox.
> How can I add that?

> Franz
 
F

Franz Leu

Diane Poremsky [MVP] schrieb:
> I have them under my secondary mailbox in Outlook 2007 SP2. What
> permissions do you have on the mailbox?
>


Level 7 - meaning everything except that I am not the owner.

I removed the mailbox and added it back in: no avail

It's OL2007 SP2 as well.

Just to test, I logged on to a client with OL2003 and did the same

there: here we go, in 2003 the search folders are there under the added

mailbox.
 

Diane Poremsky

Senior Member
Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Cached mode? (Works for me in both cached and classic modes)

Did you try a new profile?

"Franz Leu" <franz.spamremove.leu@norfolk.spamremove.ch> wrote in message

news:OEg2uSlzJHA.1096@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
> Diane Poremsky [MVP] schrieb:
> > I have them under my secondary mailbox in Outlook 2007 SP2. What
> > permissions do you have on the mailbox?
> >

> Level 7 - meaning everything except that I am not the owner.
> I removed the mailbox and added it back in: no avail
> It's OL2007 SP2 as well.

> Just to test, I logged on to a client with OL2003 and did the same there:
> here we go, in 2003 the search folders are there under the added mailbox.
 
F

Franz Leu

Diane Poremsky [MVP] schrieb:
> Cached mode? (Works for me in both cached and classic modes)
> Did you try a new profile?
>


Cached mode.

Just deleted the Exchange mailbox from my profile, restarted OL, all

that was left was the archive folder.

Added my mailbox back in, restarted OL -> everything fine with the main

mailbox.

Added the additional mailbox, restarted OL -> no search folders on that one!

Any further idea? Is there a hidden setting or a regkey or something?
 

Diane Poremsky

Senior Member
Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
AFAIK, its not a hidden key - it "just works". It might be a corrupt

mailbox.

"Franz Leu" <franz.spamremove.leu@norfolk.spamremove.ch> wrote in message

news:OVaM1FmzJHA.4116@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
> Diane Poremsky [MVP] schrieb:
> > Cached mode? (Works for me in both cached and classic modes)
> > Did you try a new profile?
> >

> Cached mode.
> Just deleted the Exchange mailbox from my profile, restarted OL, all that
> was left was the archive folder.
> Added my mailbox back in, restarted OL -> everything fine with the main
> mailbox.
> Added the additional mailbox, restarted OL -> no search folders on that
> one!

> Any further idea? Is there a hidden setting or a regkey or something?
 
F

Franz Leu

Diane Poremsky [MVP] schrieb:
> AFAIK, its not a hidden key - it "just works". It might be a corrupt
> mailbox.
>


Funny, since it works with my login on a different client with the only

difference that OL has not yet been updated from 2003 to 2007.
 

Diane Poremsky

Senior Member
Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
And that could be the problem - there can be problems when you use two

different clients. I only access this particular secondary mailbox using

outlook 2007.

If you open the mailbox using OWA, are the search folders present? If you

open the mailbox in outlook 2007, do you see the search folders?

If I want to make new ones I need to log into the mailbox - these new

folders will be available in that mailbox in my own profile.

"Franz Leu" <franz.spamremove.leu@norfolk.spamremove.ch> wrote in message

news:O8Yn8JmzJHA.3476@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
> Diane Poremsky [MVP] schrieb:
> > AFAIK, its not a hidden key - it "just works". It might be a corrupt
> > mailbox.
> >

> Funny, since it works with my login on a different client with the only
> difference that OL has not yet been updated from 2003 to 2007.
>
 
F

Franz Leu

Diane Poremsky [MVP] schrieb:
> And that could be the problem - there can be problems when you use two
> different clients. I only access this particular secondary mailbox using
> outlook 2007.

> If you open the mailbox using OWA, are the search folders present?


Yes


> If you open the mailbox in outlook 2003 (as additional or as primary mailbox), do you see the search folders?


Yes


> If you open the mailbox in outlook 2007 as primary mailbox, do you see the search folders?


Yes


> If you open the mailbox in outlook 2007 as additional mailbox, do you


see the search folders?

No

Deleted the ost -> no avail

There is no ost for the additional mailbox. Is it cached together with

the primary?

Franz
 

Diane Poremsky

Senior Member
Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
The folders that are cached are contained in the primary mailbox's ost.

"Franz Leu" <franz.spamremove.leu@norfolk.spamremove.ch> wrote in message

news:Ozml6gmzJHA.1432@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
> Diane Poremsky [MVP] schrieb:
> > And that could be the problem - there can be problems when you use two
> > different clients. I only access this particular secondary mailbox using
> > outlook 2007.
>

>> If you open the mailbox using OWA, are the search folders present?

> Yes
>
> >If you open the mailbox in outlook 2003 (as additional or as primary
> >mailbox), do you see the search folders?

> Yes
>
> >If you open the mailbox in outlook 2007 as primary mailbox, do you see the
> >search folders?

> Yes
>
> >If you open the mailbox in outlook 2007 as additional mailbox, do you

> see the search folders?
> No

> Deleted the ost -> no avail

> There is no ost for the additional mailbox. Is it cached together with the
> primary?

> Franz
 
F

Franz Leu

Franz Leu schrieb:
> Diane Poremsky [MVP] schrieb:
> > And that could be the problem - there can be problems when you use two
> > different clients. I only access this particular secondary mailbox
> > using outlook 2007.
>

>> If you open the mailbox using OWA, are the search folders present?

> Yes
>
> > If you open the mailbox in outlook 2003 (as additional or as primary
> > mailbox), do you see the search folders?

> Yes
>
> > If you open the mailbox in outlook 2007 as primary mailbox, do you see
> > the search folders?

> Yes
>
> > If you open the mailbox in outlook 2007 as additional mailbox, do you

> see the search folders?
> No

> Deleted the ost -> no avail

> There is no ost for the additional mailbox. Is it cached together with
> the primary?

> Franz


Anybody a further suggestion?

Thanks, Franz
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top