Exchange 2010 Hub Transport Errors

• Thread starter sentinelace
  • Start date Views 850
S

sentinelace

I have tried everything.  This is a clean install and new server 2008R2.  I have tried to install exchange 2010 and I get errors on the transport hub role.  I have disable IPv6 on the nic.  Reeabled on the nic, and did the regedit fix, rebooted, and still get the same error.  I did run setup /p and all completes.  However when I run policytest I get "LookupAccountname returned error 1332.  This is also a domain controller.  I read somewhere maybe I was supposed to do the IPv6 reg fix before installing exchange?  Problem is I cannot uninstall.  Do I need to format and start from scratch?

I have never had so much trouble install exchange, it's usually the easiest thing ever.  Please help if you can. 

C

chrislehr

First off, not supported on a DC.
Second, you have given some information - but don't mention the HT error.  policytest.exe was an Exchange 2000 tool as best I can tell, so I am not sure what exactly you are doing and where you are getting hung up.
Third, IPv6 is supported on Exchange 2010 - no real need to disable that.

Did you run setup /prepareAD /prepareSchema and /preparedomain 

?

S

sentinelace

Why do you think it's not supported?  I know it's not recommended but I have been told by several reps that it is fine.  Not saying your wrong, but is there any docs to back this up?  That way I know what I need to do.  I did not run the setup prepareAD.  Do I need to do all 3 before installing exchange?

C

chrislehr

Why do you think it's not supported?  I know it's not recommended but I have been told by several reps that it is fine.  Not saying your wrong, but is there any docs to back this up?  That way I know what I need to do.  I did not run the setup prepareAD.  Do I need to do all 3 before installing exchange?

I may have jumped too soon saying unsupported.  Not recommended would be fairer wording.  I cannot find any solid TN proof of what is or is not supported by PSS.

However, heres an Exch 2007 article that highlighted some very good reasons to NOT do Exchange on a DC.  (not sure if ALL of this applies to 2010 or not)
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa997060(EXCHG.80).aspx

Another blog on this topic:
http://hellomate.typepad.com/exchange/2004/02/exchange_on_a_d.html

So perhaps it is a supported configuration, but a very risky one IMO.

S

sentinelace

okay it works fine in Hyperv and not a DC. Now the next question would be what is the best way to migrate to a new server running 2008 R2 and exchange 2010 from a 2003 SBS (which is a DC) ??