Outlook sending emails to all my contacts containing spam from me without my knowledge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

adk66

Outlook sending emails to all my contacts containing spam from me without my knowledge.

Brian Tillman

How do you know Outlook is sending the messages? Do you see them in Sent Items? What type of account is it? The most lilkely explanation is not that your PC is sending mail, but that your address has been hijacked and someone else is sending the messages but using your address.

----------------------------

A

adk66

they do not appear in my sent items...

The only reason I am aware is because My inbox has " Delivery Status Notification (Failure)" from:postmaster@mail.hotmail.com

" This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.

Delivery to the following recipients failed."

THis message shows a list of several recipients from me.

People have asked me why i would sent them this link to junk mail.

This is the link included in the email: www.wqi9.yourhealth-c.com

thanks for your help, David

S

Somasundaram Pandiaraj

As stated by Brian, your email account might be hacked. Ensure to have the password changed and then verify if you still face the same issue.

Brian Tillman

Somasundaram is mistaken. I did not say your account was hacked. I said your address was hijacked. That means that someone else is just using your address as the sending address for junk mail, but they're using a mail system of their own to send it. Because spammers do not use completely validated lists of recipient addresses, some fraction of their messages will be undeliverable and the receiving mail server will complain by sending a non-delivery report to what it believes is the sender: your address. Your account has not likely been compromised, but in this, Somasundaram is completely correct: it would be prudent, nontheless, to log into your mail service using a web browser and change your password to something strong.

----------------------------

Status
Not open for further replies.