Room Mailbox Help

• Thread starter schmitre
  • Start date Views 636
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

schmitre

Hi everybody, currently we are on Exchange 2003 and I have two issues. Number one: In order for a user to book a room as a resource we have to enable permission level 4. Doing this makes the calendar of the resource visible under people's folder and the user can create more appointments in this shred calendar without him knowing that this is not
what he should do. Is this handled better in Exchange 2010 or to be more precise, will a lower permission level be sufficient or is this handled totaly different in 2010?

My second question is: Does Exchange 2010 offer help in order to prevent people from booking rooms even though the invitees don't occupy all seats, for example room with 20 seats is booked for only 2 people; happens very often. And what also would be interesting is vice versa, warning people that the room resource is to small?

Hope you got some help for me because I have been googeling the web since morning without finding any clues for 2003 or 2010.

Exchange 2007 is no alternative because we will switch directly to Exchange 2010.

Many thanks in advance

Rene

J

James-Luo

Quote: “Is this handled better in Exchange 2010 or to be more precise, will a lower permission level be sufficient or is this handled totaly different in 2010?”

Exchange 2010 will follow the reference here to auto-book the resource mailbox

Quote: “Does Exchange 2010 offer help in order to prevent people from booking rooms even though the invitees don't occupy all seats”

You can clarify the reason in the response (The link is also available in the reference above) for the meeting request. But, I think the booking is usually based on the timeslot other than the number of the seats, so the room shouldn"t available if room were booked at the moment, and the request will be declined due to the conflict by default
James Luo

S

schmitre

Hello James-Luo, hello everyone else!

thank you for your reply and sorry for taking so long to answer.

I am sorry but your answers are not exactly helpfull because I read the reference and then posted
after not finding an answer.

Let me formulate my question in a different way.

Right now under Exchange 2003 if a person books a meeting room as a resource he has to have permission level 4 for the meetings room(s)
He books the room and exchange automaticaly adds this room to peoples folder on his Outlook client. If the user goes on his calendar tab
on his outlook client he sees the room and can immediately add new appointments to the calendar of that room due to the fact that he
has permission level 4. He thereby creates a lot of work for my colleagues as they have to sort out these foul apples. The user is not to
blame because he does not know that is not the wy he should handle his appointments.

So my question is: Is this in any way handled better under Exchange 2010 so that a lower permission level is sufficient for the user to book
a meeting room and Exchange does not add the room automatically to the users peoples folder?

My second question is: Is it possible under Exchange 2010 that if a user creates an appointment and adds five attendees to a meeting room
that holds twenty persons that Exchange rejects the appointment to this room and suggests another room with less seating places that fits
the appointment much better? This would prevent users from constantly booking larger meeting rooms they do not really need.

Thank you for yout time and greetings from Germany!

Rene

S

schmitre

Hello anybody,

I would really appreciate it if someone could please answer my questions.

Rene

Status
Not open for further replies.