Exchange 2010 Slow mailbox

• Thread starter KyriacosK
  • Start date Views 5,161
K

KyriacosK

Hi All,

I have some specific issues with a single large mailbox since upgrading from 2007 to 2010.

The specific user has a mailbox of 15Gb and seems to be suffering from major performance problems since the upgrade.

Looking at the logs i could only find the following relating to the user.

Process Microsoft.Exchange.InfoWorker.Common.Delayed`1[System.String]: MailTips query failed for mailbox
<>SMTP:user@domain.com. Latency:OpenSession:42458, total:42472. The returned exception is:
Microsoft.Exchange.InfoWorker.Common.Availability.TimeoutExpiredException:

Request could not be processed in time. Timeout occurred during 'Getting-MailboxFull'..

Specific problems are that the user cannot access via OWA as it times out and also when opening Outlook every morning it takes between 30-45 before the mails start showing...i have tried cached mode however again it could take the same amount of time for the new mails to arrive.

I know the limit is 20gb for the mailbox however the performance should def not be that bad from 15gb right?

Regards,

Kyriacosk

H

Harry_B

I Have a 2010 server with 8Gb mailboxes. It looks that this mailbox is slower (with Outlook 2003). If the user drags and drops items or delete items it is slow on refresching the information. The disk queue length is not to high.

The size of the mailbox should not matter but it seems that it does.

Found a workaround yet?