Unable to uninstall Exchange 2010 because of Mailbox Role Prerequisites fails

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Louisb

I'm trying to perform a clean un-install of Exchange 2010 from a Windows 2008 R2 environment. I continue to get the following message:

Summary: 4 item(s). 3 succeeded, 1 failed.

Elapsed time: 00:00:47

Mailbox Role Prerequisites

Failed

Error:

Uninstall cannot continue. Database 'Mailbox Database 0621039755': This mailbox database contains one or more mailboxes or arbitration mailboxes. To get a list of all mailboxes in this database, run the command Get-Mailbox -Database <Database ID>. To get a list of all arbitration mailboxes in this database, run the command Get-Mailbox -Database <Database ID> -Arbitration. Before you can remove this mailbox database, you must disable, move, or remove user mailboxes and move arbitration mailboxes.

Recommended Action: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=30939&l=en&v=ExBPA.4&id=4a96fd69-9cec-4a48-9571-5c9e8ab3cfe9

Elapsed Time: 00:00:36

Unified Messaging Role Prerequisites

Completed

Elapsed Time: 00:00:03

Client Access Role Prerequisites

Completed

Elapsed Time: 00:00:04

Hub Transport Role Prerequisites

Completed

Elapsed Time: 00:00:03

The appears to be a database that was created when I installed Exchange 2010 during the install process. I have no mailboxes in this database. I've tried everything I could think of and I continue to get the above message.

How do I resovle this issue?

Thanks

L

lazyadminhere

Hi Luis,

I think you would have already tried Get-Mailbox -Database <Database ID> -Arbitration & http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa996490(EXCHG.80).aspx.

You can remove it manually from ADSIEDIT.msc after you take a back-up of the AD (Just in case ;)).

ADSIEDIT->Configuration->Services-> <Org name> -> <Exchange Administrative Group> -> Databases-> Mailbox Database 0621039755

You can try the uninstallation after replicationg the DC's.- Nagesh

Status
Not open for further replies.