Issues on exporting an Exchange 2003 mailbox to PST

• Thread starter brianehenyo
  • Start date Views 952
B

brianehenyo

Hi,

I have a current Exchange 2003 messaging system. I have setup up a Exchange 2010 CAS server within the same exchange organization. While I"m trying to perform an export of the mailbox to PST, I"m encountering some issues. I have delegated all the appropriate rights and installed Outlook 2010 into the CAS server.

Here is a detailed log of the error:

Export-Mailbox -Identity Henyo1 -PSTFilePath C:\

Error was found for Kevin 1 (Henyo1@testdomain.com.ph) because: Error occurred in the step: Approving object. An unknown err

or has occurred., error code: -2147221219
+ CategoryInfo : InvalidOperation: (0:Int32) [Export-Mailbox], RecipientTaskException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : 62CE826B,Microsoft.Exchange.Management.RecipientTasks.ExportMailbox

RunspaceId : 197bd3e9-bd4a-42b7-a4d5-5d365f62f492

Identity : corpmail.local/Local/PH Office/Henyo/Henyo 1

DistinguishedName : CN=Henyo 1,OU=Henyo,OU=PH Office,OU=Local,DC=testdomain,DC=local

DisplayName : Henyo 1

Alias : Henyo1

LegacyExchangeDN : /o=First Organization/ou=First Administrative Group/cn=Recipients/cn=Henyo1

PrimarySmtpAddress : Henyo1@testdomain.com.ph

SourceServer : CSCCAS02.testdomain.local

SourceDatabase : Mailbox Database 0645177307

SourceGlobalCatalog : CORPEXCHANGE

SourceDomainController :

TargetGlobalCatalog : CORPEXCHANGE

TargetDomainController :

TargetMailbox :

TargetServer :

TargetDatabase :

MailboxSize : 0 B (0 bytes)

IsResourceMailbox : False

SIDUsedInMatch :

SMTPProxies :

SourceManager :

SourceDirectReports :

SourcePublicDelegates :

SourcePublicDelegatesBL :

SourceAltRecipient :

SourceAltRecipientBL :

SourceDeliverAndRedirect :

MatchedTargetNTAccountDN :

IsMatchedNTAccountMailboxEnabled :

MatchedContactsDNList :

TargetNTAccountDNToCreate :

TargetManager :

TargetDirectReports :

TargetPublicDelegates :

TargetPublicDelegatesBL :

TargetAltRecipient :

TargetAltRecipientBL :

TargetDeliverAndRedirect :

Options : Default

SourceForestCredential :

TargetForestCredential :

TargetFolder :

PSTFilePath : c:\Henyo1.pst

RecoveryMailboxGuid :

RecoveryMailboxLegacyExchangeDN :

RecoveryMailboxDisplayName :

RecoveryDatabaseGuid :

StandardMessagesDeleted : 0

AssociatedMessagesDeleted : 0

DumpsterMessagesDeleted : 0

MoveType : ExportToPST

MoveStage : Validation

StartTime : 2/28/2010 4:21:36 AM

EndTime : 2/28/2010 4:21:36 AM

StatusCode : -2147221219

StatusMessage : Error occurred in the step: Approving object. An unknown error has occurred.

ReportFile : C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Exchange Server\V14\Logging\MigrationLogs\export-Mailbox2
0100228-042136-1501494.xml

ServerName : CSCCAS02.testdomain.local

B

Brian Day MCITP [MVP]

Is the account you're using an Exchange Full Administrator on the 2003 side? Those -214..... messages are usually access denied.Brian Day, Overall Exchange & AD Geek
MCSA 2000/2003, CCNA
MCITP: Enterprise Messaging Administrator 2010

P

pagsi23

hi Brian Day,

I'm currently working with the author of this post on this, I just want to clarify, what kind of Admin do you mean? Is it the Enterprise Admin or of the exchange security group?

Thanks,

B

Brian Day MCITP [MVP]

Exchange Full Administrator in the Exchange 2003 Delegate Administration wizard. But... those groups are denied SendAs/ReceiveAs by default so that may actually be counterproductive. You'll need at least ReceiveAs rights over the mailbox if I remember correctly to be able to open & export a 2003 mailbox. It could be done at the mailbox level or the DB level.Brian Day, Overall Exchange & AD Geek
MCSA 2000/2003, CCNA

L

lazyadminhere

Exchange Full Administrator in the Exchange 2003 Delegate Administration wizard. But... those groups are denied SendAs/ReceiveAs by default so that may actually be counterproductive. You'll need at least ReceiveAs rights over the mailbox if I remember correctly to be able to open & export a 2003 mailbox. It could be done at the mailbox level or the DB level. I Agree with Brian.
Also, refering to: http://msexchangeteam.com/archive/2006/11/28/431669.aspx (logic works for E2K10 as well), Exchange Permission requirements: Logon account for the user who is running Export-Mailbox needs to be a member of "Exchange Servers Administrators" for source and target Server. Permissions for previous Exchange Servers remain the same as they were for Exchange 2003 Move Mailbox Task (Exchange Administrator).

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa998579.aspx should give you more insight as well.

All the best :)

B

brianehenyo

Hi,
Regarding what you have suggested, permission has been set correctly. Even granted read/wrote access to the mailbox. All these were done prior to posting this problem. Is there any other reason as to why this happens?

P

pagsi23

Hello Everyone,

As said by brianehenyo, all appropriate permissions are set, even the read / write access is granted. Anyone got any ideas as to why the error is procuring?

Help is much appreciated, thank you guys!

Thanks,

L

lazyadminhere

Can you check if the user has "Allow inheritable permissions" on the ADSIEDIT?
If not, add it.

Please continue posting the updates.

P

pagsi23

Hi,

Just to clarify, this is the checkbox under the Security tab when you select a user right? The "Allow inheritable permissions from parent to propagate to this object" option?

And what do you if the user has? Do you mean that if the user has that checkbox checked? or if that option is even available at the security tab?

Help if much appreciated! Thank you :)

Thanks,

P

pagsi23

Hi,

Is that the checkbox that says: "Include inheritable permissions from this object's parent" ?

Thanks,

B

Brian Day MCITP [MVP]

Yes that is the one. Is this user a member of any protected groups like Domain Admins, Enterprise Admins, Backup Operators, etc.....Brian Day, Overall Exchange & AD Geek
MCSA 2000/2003, CCNA

P

pagsi23

Hi Everyone,

We have decided to just create a brand new account for migration. Can you please advise on what to give for the permissions and what to do for each step?

Help is greatly appreciated,

Thanks,

P

pagsi23

Hi Brian Day,

It's a normal domain user with full Exchange Admin rights. To answer your question.

Thanks for the help,