New-MoveRequest report file

• Thread starter irobot8
  • Start date Views 1,139
Status
Not open for further replies.
I

irobot8

Hello

Move-Mailbox in E2K7 had a nice -ReportFile switch, which spat out an XML file with lots of useful stuff for multiple mailbox moves - Start Time, End Time, Total Size etc.

Having moved a bunch of mailboxes from E2K7 to Exchange 2010, I can see the completed Move Requests, but neither Get-MoveRequest nor Get-MoveRequestStatistics seem to give such a summary of a batch of mailbox moves.

Anyone had any luck with this?

Thanks in advance

M

Mike Pfeiffer

Try this:
Get-MailboxStatistics -Identity user@contoso.com -IncludeMoveReport | fl MoveHistory
That should give you the time of the move, the bytes transferred and the duration.

W

WiRall

Hello

Move-Mailbox in E2K7 had a nice -ReportFile switch, which spat out an XML file with lots of useful stuff for multiple mailbox moves - Start Time, End Time, Total Size etc.

Having moved a bunch of mailboxes from E2K7 to Exchange 2010, I can see the completed Move Requests, but neither Get-MoveRequest nor Get-MoveRequestStatistics seem to give such a summary of a batch of mailbox moves.

Anyone had any luck with this?

Thanks in advance

What you want is the MoveReport for the move. To get this, you can do the following at any point during or after the move, before you have removed the completed request:

Get-MoveRequestStatistics -Identity user -IncludeReport | fl *Report*

Alternatively, you could run the following at any point after the move completes:

(Get-MailboxStatistics -Identity user -IncludeMoveReport).MoveHistory

The second command I provided will give you a list of the last "n" moves, where the number of histories "n" is configurable.

X

Xiu Zhang

Hi,

Please understand that The IncludeMoveHistory switch specifies whether to return additional information about the mailbox that includes the history of a completed move request, such as status, flags, target database, bad items, start times, end times, duration that the move request was in various stages, and failure codes.

So please use get-moverequeststatistic with IncludeMoveHistory.

Get-MailboxStatistics
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb124612.aspx

Regards,
Xiu

I

irobot8

Thanks for your answers guys. However, it appears that both Get-MailboxStatistics and Get-MoveRequestStatistics both have a requirement for a unique Id.

I've tried using wildcards (*) for both of these, omitting the -Identity parameter, and also using Get-MoveRequest with the -BatchName.

However, all of these only show statistics and move request details for a single/ individual move.

What I'm looking for is a summary of how log it took a batch of mailboxes to move, how many mailboxes were moved (successful, failed), total size of mailboxes moved, start time of moves, end time of moves etc.

Has anyone achieved this with Exchange 2010? Move-Mailbox in E2K7 had a -ReportFile switch, which output all this information in an XML file.

M

Mike Pfeiffer

Thanks for your answers guys. However, it appears that both Get-MailboxStatistics and Get-MoveRequestStatistics both have a requirement for a unique Id.
I've tried using wildcards (*) for both of these, omitting the -Identity parameter, and also using Get-MoveRequest with the -BatchName.
However, all of these only show statistics and move request details for a single/ individual move.
What I'm looking for is a summary of how log it took a batch of mailboxes to move, how many mailboxes were moved (successful, failed), total size of mailboxes moved, start time of moves, end time of moves etc.
Has anyone achieved this with Exchange 2010? Move-Mailbox in E2K7 had a -ReportFile switch, which output all this information in an XML file.
how about something like this:
Get-MoveRequest -BatchName <Batch Name> | Get-MoveRequestStatistics -IncludeReport | Select UserIdentity,StartTimeStamp,CompletionTimeStamp,MoveDuration,TotalMailboxSize,Status,StatusDetail

W

WiRall

how about something like this:

Get-MoveRequest -BatchName <Batch Name> | Get-MoveRequestStatistics -IncludeReport | Select UserIdentity,StartTimeStamp,CompletionTimeStamp,MoveDuration,TotalMailboxSize,Status,StatusDetail
Yes, but if those are the only things you are selecting, you should remove the "IncludeReport" switch. That will make cmdlet execution take longer because it needs to open a large Move Report for each request that will not be used. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.