Strange date stamp issue in e-mails forwarded by rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

UlfG

Good day all,

I have a strange issue with e-mails that are automaticly forwarded by a rule. In the receiver end (to whom the message is forwarded to) the "Sent:" time stamp in the orginal e-mail is one hour off back in time when the e-mail is opened. All the other time stamps (in the inbox etc. is correct, it's just in the body).

Look at this sample, I've sent a message at 09:04 to the account with the rule an in the receiver end, the e-mail look's like this when I open it:

Sent: den 23 mars 2010 08:04:21
To: Ulf Gåhlin
Subject: Test 09:04

Test message sent 09:04

As you can see, the "Sent:" date in the original e-mail body says 08:04 instead of 09:04. If I now logon to the account with the rule active and force the rule to execute again, the correct time stamp appears in the e-mail body in the receiving end. Same thing if I manually forward the e-mail.

Exchange 2010 runs on a Windows 2008 R2 server with the timezone set to UTC +1. I've tried to change the time zone and the "Automatically adjust clock for Daylight Saving Time" but it appears that the problem isn't affected by this...

Anyone that has any ideas?

Regards,
Ulf

U

UlfG

Hi,

I had some hope it could be that simple but the patches realted to DST was already present at the the machines involved.

I've setup a new test environment in vmware and I the issue is reproducable. Really weird, if there where a general problem with DST then I would expect all timestamps to be on hour off, but in this case it's only one time stamp and it's in the original message.

Any other suggestions?

Regard,
Ulf

T

TB-BV

Hi,

I have the same problem with time-stamps in all messages, forwarded by a rule. We also run Exchange 2010 with Rollup 1 on Windows Server 2008 R2 with timezone set to UTC+1.

In addition we have another serious issue with mails forwardes by rules. In most cases no email-address from the original sender is added to the text. Therefore it's not possible to answer, without having a look in the original mail.

When I forward the message manually with Outlook in the text-body appears:
Von: Carlos Santana [mailto:carlos@company.com]
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 11. März 2010 10:57 (correct time - UTC + 1)

A message forwarded by a rule only displays the name and no mail-address:
Von: Carlos Santana
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 11. März 2010 09:56:51 (1 hour back - UTC)

Ulf, can you confirm this behavior? Can anyone makes suggestions for solving these problems?

Regards,
Thomas

U

UlfG

Thomas,

I did not notice the detail about the missing e-mail address but now when you point it out I can see that I have the exact same issue.

I have also setup a new virtual environment with Exchange 2010 on Windows 2008 SP2 and the problem is the exact same in that environment.

How should we proceed with this?

Regards,
Ulf

T

TB-BV

Ulf,

only to eliminate this possibility: Do you have installed any third party Software on the Exchange Server, e.g. Antispam- or Antivirus-Software?

I have installed Antispam- and Antivirus-Software from GFI and I want to rule out, that this causes the trouble.

Regards

Thomas

U

UlfG

Thomas,

No third party software involved in my case so I would assume it's safe to exclude GFI.

Regards,
Ulf

T

TB-BV

Ulf,

did you have found any solution to this issue?

Regards,
Thomas

A

Abhi Jalan

I can confirm these issue. We upgraded from 2007 to 2010 and in our case the time stamp was moved forward by 4 hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.