Global Address List Not Displaying Information

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DBWKS

I have Exchange 2010 installed and using Outlook 2007, no other Exchange servers in the domain. The Global Address List is not displaying the correct information. When I click on the Address Book Icon and choose to view All Users I can see the information I was hoping to see (Phone, email address, etc), but when I open a users entry (double click on it) form is blank. I have blown away the Outlook Profile on my PC and created a new on and when I do this, the GAL appears correctly with all of the information, but it will revert back (no specific time frame for this) to what I had described earlier. Any thoughts and where to start troubleshooting this?

Here is an update on this question. I neglected to indicate that I am using Cached mode for Outlook. I turned this off and the GAL is showing correctly again. I don't believe in coincidences, so this must be an issue with Cached mode in Outlook and Exchange 2010. Never had this issue in previous Exchange 2003 configurations and Outlook 2007.

Thanks

DBWKS

R

Rick Koppin

In Cached mode it's going to download the offline address book. You can either do this from a public folder or from the Availability service (AS). Since you're using Outlook 2007 you can use the AS. Please make sure you have this configured properly.

Rick

Status
Not open for further replies.