Exchange 2010 move public folders

• Thread starter Celtic1
  • Start date Views 6,382
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Celtic1

Hi,

I originally setup a exchange 2010 server with the standard roles. I have since setup an additional 2 exchange 2010 mailbox servers configured with dag clustering.

I want to move the public folder from my first server to one of the mailbox dag cluster servers as I want to only have cas/ht role on my fisrt server i.e. I intend removing all roles off my first server so that it only contains cas and ht role.

What is the best method to moce the default public folder to another exchange 2010 server and delete it off the original?

Thanks

Celtic

A

Anil K Singh

Hi,

A public folder database can be hosted on a Mailbox server in a database availability group (DAG), but you must use multiple public folder databases and public folder replication for data redundancy”

To move all public folders in a public folder database on one server to a public folder database on another server, use the MoveAllReplicas.ps1 script

Move Public Folder Content from One Public Folder Database to Another Public Folder Database::

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb331970.aspx

Anil

C

Celtic1

Hi,

Do I need to manually create a public folder database on the target exchange 2010 server first?

Thanks

Celtic

L

Laeeq Qazi

Hi,

Do I need to manually create a public folder database on the target exchange 2010 server first?

Thanks
Celtic

PF Database might already exits when u install the mailbox server. u first check if it exists using

get-publicfolderDatabase -server yourMBXServer

and then create if it doesnt exists to host the public folders or their repilca.

Regards,

Laeeq Qazi|Team Lead(Exchange + Sharepoint + BES + DynamicsCRM) www.HostingController.com

C

Celtic1

Thanks guys,

Is there any logging done anywhere by the ps1 script to show what it has done or progressed at?

Celtic

L

Laeeq Qazi

Hi,

If u r running the script from EMS then before running the script add

Start-Transcript C:\MySession.txt -Append

and at end

Stop-Transcript C:\MySession.txt

I havent tested but i guess that u can put above line directly into your ps1 script file if u are executing ur ps1 script from cmd.exe using an automated process.

Also have a look into this post:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/exchangesvradmin/thread/39681dd7-cf80-4fe0-9bfc-aef6aa36bf9c

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/exchangesvradmin/thread/39681dd7-cf80-4fe0-9bfc-aef6aa36bf9cwhere the OP has used --ErrorAction and -ErrorVariable in each of the command and then in the end, he has used

Add-Content c:\scripts\debug.txt $err

to export the errors if any.

Regards,
Laeeq Qazi|Team Lead(Exchange + Sharepoint + BES + DynamicsCRM) www.HostingController.com

C

Celtic1

Thanks tried that script but it doesnt log any info on what the ps1 script is doing. It only logs the info outputted on the powershell guiCeltic

Status
Not open for further replies.