Choosing one or 2 DAGs

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

danissa

Hi, I need your help in choosing a best DAG configuration. I have 2 exchange servers in 2 sites. Same domain in 2 sites. I want to create a DAG for the exchange server in site 1 in site 2. The same goes for the server in site 2 with a DAG for it in site 1. My question is should I configure one DAG for the 4 servers or 2 DAGs, one for Site 1 --> Site 2 and other for Site 2-->Site1?

thanks

D

danissa

thank you for the quick reply.

Yes, I want the server in site A to replicate to a server in Site B and the Server in site B to replicate to another server in site A (4 servers in total). So in this case I will create 1 DAG as per your recommendation.

What if for the Server in site A that replicates to another server in Site B I create a DAG and for the server in Site B that replicates to a server in Site A, I create another DAG, will this be of benefit, is it supported or this is not the way DAG works. What is the disadvantage of this scenario

A

AndyD_ [MVP]

It's supported, but then you would only be able to replicate the stores between 2 servers in each DAG. I dont see much reason to do that since you can have 1 DAG and accomplish the same thing and have greater flexibility to replicate the same store to 4 servers instead of 2 if needed.

J

jader3rd

You want at least three copies of each database. So that places you in the situation of having one four member Dag.

Status
Not open for further replies.