How to keep the system tray icon running when Outlook is closed?

  • Thread starter TWF4c3N0ZXI
  • Start date Views 3,281
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TWF4c3N0ZXI

#1
The system tray icon is removed when I close Outlook so I am not receiving

Calendar timer/reminders.

How can I correct this?

Thank you
 
G

Gordon

#2
"Maxsster" <Maxsster> wrote in message

news:FE77C277-1DCD-4F5A-ADC0-4A543A00D63D@microsoft.com...
> The system tray icon is removed when I close Outlook so I am not receiving
> Calendar timer/reminders.

> How can I correct this?

> Thank you

>


You can't. Outlook MUST be running for Outlook to work. How else would it

work?

Asking a question?

Please tell us the version of the application you are asking about,

your OS, Service Pack level

and the FULL contents of any error message(s)
 
R

RXJvbA

#3
Re: How to keep the system tray icon running when Outlook is close

Maxsster is trying to say: I want the application running, he just doesn't

want to see MS Outlook minimized on taskbar but instead next to clock (like

MSN Messenger). :)

"Gordon" wrote:


> "Maxsster" <Maxsster> wrote in message
> news:FE77C277-1DCD-4F5A-ADC0-4A543A00D63D@microsoft.com...
> > The system tray icon is removed when I close Outlook so I am not receiving
> > Calendar timer/reminders.
> > How can I correct this?
> > Thank you
> >


> You can't. Outlook MUST be running for Outlook to work. How else would it
> work?

> > Asking a question?
> Please tell us the version of the application you are asking about,
> your OS, Service Pack level
> and the FULL contents of any error message(s)

>
 
T

TWF4c3N0ZXI

#4
Re: How to keep the system tray icon running when Outlook is close

Thanks for your answer Gordon. I was hoping that Outlook had a similar

function to the Palm Desktop Alarm Manager. This allows a Alarm (timer) pop

up when the Palm Desktop program is closed.

Thanks again.

"Gordon" wrote:


> "Maxsster" <Maxsster> wrote in message
> news:FE77C277-1DCD-4F5A-ADC0-4A543A00D63D@microsoft.com...
> > The system tray icon is removed when I close Outlook so I am not receiving
> > Calendar timer/reminders.
> > How can I correct this?
> > Thank you
> >


> You can't. Outlook MUST be running for Outlook to work. How else would it
> work?

> > Asking a question?
> Please tell us the version of the application you are asking about,
> your OS, Service Pack level
> and the FULL contents of any error message(s)

>
 
#5
Re: How to keep the system tray icon running when Outlook is close

"Maxsster" <Maxsster> wrote in message

news:4200C089-0FDD-40E9-BD6E-695B29DDF6B3@microsoft.com...


> Thanks for your answer Gordon. I was hoping that Outlook had a similar
> function to the Palm Desktop Alarm Manager. This allows a Alarm (timer) pop
> up when the Palm Desktop program is closed.


It doesn't. It must be running. However, if you have Outlook 2002-2007, you

can configure it to minimize to the Notification Area (System Tray) instead of

to the Taskbar. For Outlook 2003-2007, right-click the Outlook icon in the

system tray and choose "Hide When Minimized". Then use the Minimize button

(not the Close button) to hide it. For Outlook 2002, there's a registry

setting that controls it.

--
 
T

TWF4c3N0ZXI

#6
Re: How to keep the system tray icon running when Outlook is close

"Brian Tillman " wrote:


> "Maxsster" <Maxsster> wrote in message
> news:4200C089-0FDD-40E9-BD6E-695B29DDF6B3@microsoft.com...
>
> > Thanks for your answer Gordon. I was hoping that Outlook had a similar
> > function to the Palm Desktop Alarm Manager. This allows a Alarm (timer) pop
> > up when the Palm Desktop program is closed.


> It doesn't. It must be running. However, if you have Outlook 2002-2007, you
> can configure it to minimize to the Notification Area (System Tray) instead of
> to the Taskbar. For Outlook 2003-2007, right-click the Outlook icon in the
> system tray and choose "Hide When Minimized". Then use the Minimize button
> (not the Close button) to hide it. For Outlook 2002, there's a registry
> setting that controls it.
> >

> Thank you so much Brian, this solved the problem perfectly!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top