MS Exchange 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mohsin_raza

Hi,

My server which have Windows 2008 r2 64 bit and MS Exchabge Server 2010

my server was crashed and i recover it from system state backup, after recovering server i found that my exchange database is dismounted i try to mount it but cant it give me the following error .

Failed to mount database 'Mailbox Database 0383650688'.

Mailbox Database 0383650688

Failed

Error:

Couldn't mount the database that you specified. Specified database: Mailbox Database 0383650688; Error code: An

Active Manager operation failed. Error: The database action failed. Error: Operation failed with message:

MapiExceptionCallFailed: Unable to mount database. (hr=0x80004005, ec=-501)
[Database: Mailbox Database 0383650688,

Server: ESP-Server.ESP.COM].

An Active Manager operation failed. Error: The database action failed. Error: Operation failed with message:

[Database: Mailbox Database 0383650688,

Server: ESP-Server.ESP.COM]

An Active Manager operation failed. Error: Operation failed with message: MapiExceptionCallFailed: Unable to mount

database. (hr=0x80004005, ec=-501)
[Server: ESP-Server.ESP.COM]

I try a lot but i cant recover it.

is any one has a sotution for this problem

I will be very thankfull

Mohsin

hi,

copy the old database to another location. and then delete it.

create new database if it mounts then copy the old database on it. (stop exchange server services)

regards

Mumin CICEK | Exchange - MVP | www.cozumpark.com | www.mumincicek.com

Ok, if you are in a critical state and you need to get that store mounted ASAP, I recommend calling Microsoft Support as forums arent the best place to troubleshoot critical downed servers.https://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?gprid=13965&st=1

If this is not critical, please run eseutil /mh <mailboxdatabse> against the database to determine if the shutdown is clean or not. Any other error messages in the event logs, if you have a backup you can restore etc...Did you try all the suggestions in the link I sent earlier?

Yes, I have tried all the suggestions in the link you sent earlier.

but they didnt work

hi jader

If I get the database dirty shutdown then what should I do?

If the state of your database is Dirty Shutdown, and if you have the log files, follow the steps below:

NOTE: Have a copy of all your DB and Log files before proceeding to follow the steps below.

Try to perform a Soft Recovery of the database:

------------------------1) Delete/Rename the *.chk file [if existing].

2) Delete/Rename the E00.log or E01.log or E00tmp.log or whatever. [Your base sequence may vary]

3) Run eseutil /mh and note the " Log Required " value. Note the higher range of the log sequence in that value.

4) Find the log file which has the higher log sequence that you noted in Step3 in its file name.

5) Rename that log file to E00.log or E01.log or whatever corresponds to your log base name.

6) Run eseutil /R E01 /I /d from the DB/log location.

NOTE: Here, E01 may vary in your case.

7) After performing step 6, check the state of the DB using eseutil /mh . Now it should be in Clean Shutdown state.

8) [Only if step 7 fails] If the state of the database is not in clean shutdown state, you may need to do a hard repair of the database usingeseutil /p switch.

[Applicable only if Step8 is done] If you have done hard repair using eseutil /p , you may not need your log files for mounting the DB. You can delete them.

Regards,

Nesan Joseph R.

Before doing anything, do you have a good Exchange backup? If so, can you restore it? That isnt clear yet.

Hi,

Thank you all for helping me. I tried almost all advices that you reply me but I am unable to recover it. Finaly, I and my management deside to refresh the server (reinstall OS and others by formating the C: Drive). Now I want a little comfirmation from you that if I rebuilt my domain with the same name and want to restore previous domain backup, is it posible?. And if I create user with the same name on new domain and when I rejoin client computer to the domain is the new profile of the user is created or it will use the old one?

Thanks you again for helping

Regards

Mohsin

i had a same problem like that my log path drive is corrupted.i try to move log to another drive but its corrupted so i run the folowwing command in EMC

move-DatabasePath -Identity 'database name' -LogFolderPath 'new log path' -ConfigurationOnly

it will move log configuration ,then run ESEUTIL /p to recover the database

after finish i tried to mount the database and its working

<a href="http://spidersoft.in">Download free softwares</a>

<a href="http://computech.in">Latest Technical Blog</a>

Status
Not open for further replies.