Email Address Policy suffix not working

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jagnagra

Hi
We have set up a second exchange server in our organisation for student email and have attempted to create a Email Address policy which appends student.domain.ac.uk to accounts. We have created a mail enabled Security Group labelled StudentEmail on the OU where the student accounts are created. However when we create a new mailbox for an account in that OU it appends it with the default domain.ac.uk suffix. I have followed the microsoft articles and the advice I have found on a few other sites but I can not get this part to work. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

F

Frank.Wang

Hi,

After you create an accepted domain(student.domain.ac.uk ), did you follow this document to create the EAP?

Create an E-Mail Address Policy

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb125137.aspx

Select the recipient container where you want to apply this filter : choose the OU where the student accounts are created.

And Incluing these recipient types: How do you choose it? And did you apply the new EAP immediately?

How about the Security Group labelled StudentEmail, is it appended with correct suffix?

Please run the cmdlet Get-EmailAddressPolicy -Identity "new EAP name" | fl RecipientFilter and post the results here.

Frank Wang

M

Mumin CICEK [MVP]

Status
Not open for further replies.