Re: OWA - An unexpected error occurred and your request couldn't be handled when viewing emails with

• Thread starter Zahir Hussain Shah
  • Start date Views 3,189
Status
Not open for further replies.
Z

Zahir Hussain Shah

Can you check the Authentication settings on your CAS Server, e.g.:
Go to IIS 7.0 snap-in, and click on the SERVER from the left-pane, and then open the Authentication in the right working-pane, and check that the following authentication providers are enabled on the CAS Server:
- Anonymous Authentication
- Windows Integrated Authentication
- Basic Authentication
These all above authenticatino providers, much be checked on your end.
Try this out, and do let us know.
ZahirZahir Hussain Shah MCP, MCSE, MCTIP Enterprise Admini, CCNA, ITIL Senior Infrastructure Consultant zhshah@live.com United Arab Emirates

S

smegey

Thanks for replying Zahir,

I followed your instructions. From what I could see, only basic authentication was enabled. I then enabled Windows Auth and Anonymous Auth. I then restarted the server and tried the access email from OWA. Unfortunately, the same error occured and it did not fix the problem. I tried this from several different mailbox accounts and from various emails. Only text emails can be read, any emails with attachments still displays that error.

Is there a permissions command I can run from the Exchange management console that it may be related to? Anything to do with certificates?

A

a-Mitch-K-

Hi, i have the exact same proble... did you find a fix yet?

I installed Sharepoint 2010 on my Exchange 2010 server, then OWA stopped working, so I uninstalled Sharepoint 2010. OWA works fine now, but any email with an attachment shows an error. I figure this is a permission setting that was changed in IIS when Sharepoint was initially installed. Keep me posted if you find the fix, and I'll do the same.

S

smegey

No problem. I will let you know if i find a solution A-Mitch-K-. As of yet i havnt found one. I also think its a permissions based problem. I cant seem to find out which permission yet!

X

Xiu Zhang

Hi,

Sorry for the late response.

Please try to check if you have filter enabled on anti-virus application or firewall.

Please try to disable the anti-virus application services and then check the issue again.

Regards,

Xiu

S

smegey

Xiu,

Thanks for the response.

I have tried accessing OWA through many machines (some running AV and others running none). I have disabled myn and tried again and it still has a problem. This was never an issue before i installed Sharepoint so it doesnt make sense that the firewall is having implications. I can understand the logic of the AV software interfering when looking at emails with attachments, however, in this case it doesnt solve the problem :(. It has to be related to the IIS settings (well i think so anyway).

Z

Zahir Hussain Shah

Dear Smegey,
I saw the same issue somewhere, and when we updated the Exchange 2010 Messaging Organization with the latest Exchange 2010 Roll up, (preferably Exchange 2010 Roll up 2), so then the problem got resolved!
So I believe you should go, and update your Exchange CAS Server(s) with the latest available roll up.
Keep on posted here, so we will be notified that at what level your problem got resolved.
Regards,
Zahir Hussain Shah

Zahir Hussain Shah MCP, MCSE, MCTIP Enterprise Admini, CCNA, ITIL Senior Infrastructure Consultant zhshah@live.com United Arab Emirates

Z

Zahir Hussain Shah

Sounds Great!!!
Have a nice time with OWA now :)
Regards,
Zahir

Zahir Hussain Shah MCP, MCSE, MCTIP Enterprise Admini, CCNA, ITIL Senior Infrastructure Consultant zhshah@live.com United Arab Emirates

Status
Not open for further replies.