Setting up a group for forwarding and auto-reply

• Thread starter Michael B - Admin
  • Start date Views 711
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Michael B - Admin

I'm running Exchange 2010 and wanted to set up a new group membership for users no longer with the company - rather than just deleting their mailboxes and having all messages bounce back, have an auto-reply stating "Thank you for contacting us.. etc.. no longer with the company but this email will be forwarded to a current employee" and then have a profile and box to forward any of those messages to. The problem is I'm not even sure which search terms I should be looking at through Microsoft documentation to do this, so I apologize in advance if there's an obvious page I'm missing.

M

Michael B - Admin

For right now I'm seeing if I can set it up through each user's OWA, but there has to be an easier way - and through OWA I can get forwarding or auto-reply, but not both if I select do not leave messages on server.

M

Michael B - Admin

Having message delivered both to recipient and forwarding sort of resolved the issue, now I just need to figure how to make this a group rule.

X

Xiu Zhang

Hi,

I think we need to create the rule on client side,from outlook or OWA.

Here I'd like to set the rule in Outlook. First we need to set the rule forward the message to another email address. Then we need to set OOF rule to inform the sender that "Thank you for contacting us.. etc.. no longer with the company but this email will be forwarded to a current employee".

How to use the Out of Office Assistant in Outlook

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290846

Regards,

Xiu

Status
Not open for further replies.