Unable to uninstall Exchange 2007, cannot mount public folder database, cannot delete public folder

• Thread starter Ashley Milne
  • Start date Views 3,195
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Ashley Milne

So I am now stuck, I can't uninstall Exchange 2007 now because my OAB is in my public folder database which is dismounted, I can't mount it because when I do I get the following error:

------------------------ Microsoft Exchange Error
------------------------ Failed to mount database 'Public Folders'.
Public Folders
Failed
Error:
Exchange is unable to mount the database that you specified. Specified database: MAIL\Second Storage Group\Public Folders; Error code: MapiExceptionCallFailed: Unable to mount database. (hr=0x80004005, ec=-344)
------------------------ OK
------------------------I can't delete the public folder database, because when I do, I get this error:

------------------------ Microsoft Exchange Error
------------------------ The public folder database 'Public Folders' cannot be deleted.
Public Folders
Failed
Error:
The public folder database " MAIL\Second Storage Group\Public Folders" contains the following offline address book(s):
\Offline Address Book
.. Before deleting the public folder database, move the offline address book(s) to a web-based distribution point.
------------------------ OK

---------------------- I have looked at MS KB Article ID: 925825 but it does not apply to me. My Exchange 2010 server is up and running, I just want to uninstall Exchange 2007.

C

Casper Pieterse

Did your manage to move your public folders to the 2010 platform prior to your move? If not, F+B might be an issue going forward.

Worse case, if you can't get it mounted and removed, use ADSIEdit to remove it from AD.

Casper Pieterse, Principle Consultant - UC, Dimension Data South Africa, Microsoft Certified Master: Exchange 2007

L

Laeeq Qazi

Hi,

Have u tried to remove all public folders before removing the PF Database:

1. Get-PublicFolder " \" -Recurse -ResultSize:Unlimited | Remove-PublicFolder -Recurse -ErrorAction:SilentlyContinue

2. Get-PublicFolder " \Non_Ipm_Subtree" -Recurse -ResultSize:Unlimited | Remove-PublicFolder -Recurse -ErrorAction:SilentlyContinue

3. Remove-PublicFolderDatabase " Your PF DB"

Note: If u run these command in EMS on the Server other than MailboxServer where your public folder database exists then put -Server " YourMailboxServer" with exch command.

Regards,

Laeeq Qazi|Team Lead(Exchange + Sharepoint + BES + DynamicsCRM) www.HostingController.com

A

Ashley Milne

I wasn't using public folders on Exchange 2007 at all! Yes I would rather not go the ADSIEdit route if I can avoid it.

J

James-Luo

Is there any error event in the application log on the exchange 2007 server?

Please check the status of the public folder database, if it"s “Dirty Shutdown”, please follow the steps in this article to repair the database

Eseutil /mh “Full file path”

Please run an integrity check by using Eseutil, see if it"s error-free

Eseutil /g PublicStoreFilePath

James Luo

Status
Not open for further replies.