How to limit mailboxes in Database ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Leandro Cascão

hi guys,

i need limit the number of mailboxes in each database, in my company i have this situation:
the service desk create the mailboxes the storage group give me disks (to exchange) limit to 400 GB each

If i create many mailboxes in the same database the disk will be full

The service desk cant count the number of mailboxes created in each storage. How i can configure the databases to accept only 100 mailboxes. So when this number is reach the service desk will have to create mailboxes in another database.

tnks for help

G

Gulab Mallah

Hi,

There is no such thing as set up limit on db by number of users... at least I never heard of that...

-Gulab

L

Leandro Cascão

tnks for reply

i cant find any documentation about this

i need find an solution or i have to control this manualy :( is anoying call service desk every time to move mailboxes

L

Laeeq Qazi

tnks for reply

i cant find any documentation about this

i need find an solution or i have to control this manualy :( is anoying call service desk every time to move mailboxes

You can have a watch over your Mailbox Databases sizes and disk sizes where your Mailbox Databases exists, and then can send an email automatically to you or help desk. If this satisfies your problem then have a look into this powershell script:
Database size report

which will create a report and then send this report via email. You can schedule powershell script easily, where u can run this on a schedule.

This is a script which shows Mailbox Database Size and Mailbox Count in each database:
Database Size and User Count

Regards,

Laeeq Qazi|Team Lead(Exchange + Sharepoint + BES + DynamicsCRM) www.HostingController.com

J

jader3rd

If the recipient admins use New-Mailbox and don't specify the database the provisioning layer will pick a database. It might not result in optimal load balancing, but it should result in load balancing enough that you don't have to worry about this.

Status
Not open for further replies.