Exchange 2010 keeps telling me to change my Event Log Level

• Thread starter it-works'
  • Start date Views 736
I

it-works'

Hi,

I'm getting the following after I've change the level to HIGH

OABGen could not generate full details for some entries in the offline address list for address list '\Global Address List'. To see which entries are affected, set event logging for the offline address list generator to at least medium.

thanks.

M

MCNS10

Have you checked the events logged previous to this event? They should detail the GAL entries that are problematic to help you identify and cleanup the GAL.

Just to be sure where did you change the logging level at?

Sean McNeill Microsoft Gold Partner http://staterainfrastructure.blogspot.com/

I

it-works'

all atempts prior to thist event generate a successful result. I see no errors.

I changed the level using: Set-EventLogLevel -Identity “MSExchangeSA\OAL Generator” –Level High in the shell.

My main issue is: I'm currenly coexisting with 2003. Recently created users with mailboxes on 2003 not showing in Outlook.

thanks

E

Em0

Update your OAB and see what results you get.

Get-OfflineAddressBook | Update-OfflineAddressBook�

this should generate the events causing your OAB not to generate correctly..

Regards,

Emil

I

it-works'

ok, here's what I've got so far.

I've done the above a few times previously and got no errors. My main problem was when I'm in Outlook new names weren't appearing in the GAL, I deleted the OAB files locally and restarted Outlook, the names appear. I went to send/receive -> download address book, the files got recreated and the names are not there again. :/

Also all other Outlook users still not showing these names? and doing "Send/Recieve-Download Address Book" not updating anything.

what can I do further to diagnose it?

Thanks Much for your help

E

Em0

How is your OAB distributed? web, pf or both?

Instead of deleting the actual OAB files, try to remove and recreate your OAB, and be sure to run an update-offlineaddressbook afterwards.. :)

I

it-works'

I had PF, I'm trying Web-Based now...

removing the OAB without delete, is this via the tools -- Address book -- options, or is there another way...?

I ran the update again... no errors.

E

Em0

I´m not sure I'm with you when you say via the tools --Address book-- options...

Are you using the EMC?, then go to organization configuration--mailbox--offline address book

or through powershell

run get-offlineaddressbook it would return a list of your offline addresslists.

Then run a remove-offlineaddressbook -identity "name of offlineaddressbook"

Create a new offline addresslist with the following command, Summary: new-OfflineAddressBook -Name 'name of oab' -Server 'name of generating server' -AddressLists '\Default Global Address List' -PublicFolderDistributionEnabled $true -VirtualDirectories 'casserver\OAB (Default Web Site)'

I

it-works'

thanks. Removed and Recreated. Event log showing the usual 9359 warnings which I according to bgoldman I can ignore. So I believe it's being generated fine & the problem is with Outlook not downloading it...

I'm using Outlook 2007.

I

it-works'

Not sure if It's worth to mentioning that we're in the middle of the coexistence stage. Everything was done, but changing the dns entries to point to the new 2010 (so mail.contoso.com is still pointing to 2003) - not sure how this affects the Outlook clients. I assume the GAL is being replicated to 2003 because when I deleted the OAB files I was able to see the updated list.

E

Em0

ok, so the OAB error in the eventlog is gone, but you still have problem downloading the OAB from outlook?

Are you getting any errors in outlook when trying to download OAB?

I

it-works'

The good old:
Task 'Microsoft Exchange Server' reported error (0x8004010F) : 'The operation failed. An object cannot be found.'

I

it-works'

Issue resolved! I created a new OAB and set it as default for the Information Store. (the previous OAB still doesn't work, but at least this one does, and I'm getting no errors)

thanks for all your help.