Outlook 2007 clients cannot book Room Mailbox resources. Direct Booking. Cannot directly book a reso

• Thread starter Clampon
  • Start date Views 5,902
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Clampon

We have recently upgraded to exchange 2010, we had two room mailboxes that followed the upgrade from 2007.

After upgrading clients cannot book meetings by creating a new meeting in their own calender and adding the relevant room. Error message displayed: Direct Booking. Cannot directly book a resource for this meeting. Users can book a meeting using the room shared calender.

Users can use OWA to book meetings without problem, also users using outlook 2010 can book without problems.

I created a new test Room Mailbox, which exhibits the same problem. Possibly pointing towards Outlook 2007 problem. In calender options, Resource Scheduling is not available.

I have tried various settings for the Room Mailbox in OWA and Exchange Shell without a hint of success. What are the differences between 2010 and 2007 in relation to resource booking? Direct Booking supported in 2010?

Any help on this matter would be much appreciated.

S

Steve Burk

We have Exchange 2003 but in using Outlook 2010, to use direct booking of resources, I had to add a registry key as Direct Booking is not enable by default in Outlook 2010. Not sure if this will help as I am unfamiliar with how the new booking works with Exc 2007 and 2010.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\14.0\Outlook\Options\Calendar]

" EnableDirectBooking" =dword:00000001

F

Fausto_IT

I followed the intructions, changing the registry but now I am getting this message:

Your profile is not configured to support this operation for this user. Cannot directly book a reosurce for this meeting

any idea on how to book meeting rooms?

regards

S

Sudhakar D V

I'm facing the same issue as well.

Any solution?

Regards

Sudhakar

D

DaveRobertson

Me too. Added the registry keys and now get the " profile is not configured to support..." thing.

Frustrating!

Dave R.

S

Sudhakar D V

I had offline PST as the default datafile. Changing default datafile to online Exchange account resolved the issue for me. I'm able to book the room now and also not getting the error message " profile is not configured to support..."

Sudhakar!

Sudhakar

Status
Not open for further replies.