Emails autmatically disappearing from the Exchange server 2010 - Email inbox

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MichaelSuresh

One of the users email disappearing from the inbox and cannot find from anywhere.

- We are using Exchange 2010 with windows server 2008 SP2

- We are using Microsoft Exchange to access the MS outlook mail (Not the IMAP or POP3)

- Checked MS outlook client on users Profile, autoarchive is not enabled
- User haven't pressed ok any archive email message box in MS outlook client
- This is only happening to this particular user
- Profile/permissions/Mailbox is same as other users.

T

TWHarrington

Any inbox rules set in Outlook client?

Are they ending up in Junk Folder?

You say they are "removing from the inbox", so do you actually see them come in and then disappear? If so, it has to be some Outlook rule.

What happens if user only uses OWA (does not have Outlook opened)?

Can you delete and recreate Outlook profile?

M

MichaelSuresh

Hi,

We are using MS exchange with outlook profile taged to each user domain login(Not using IMPA or POP3)
- No email rules are created

The missing emails are not in the Junk or deleted folder

- Emails will come to MS outlook inbox as usual. But after 2 months only user realises that the emails disappeared. He sort the emails by view->Current View->Message Time Line from the MS outlook. He is not able to see the second last month's message

For example: Current month is July. The emails until may 15th or later won't be there. THis was happened before, user thinks that this is one off. We managed to restore the mails from the backup. Now its happened again.

- If user uses OWA, he is having he same number of emails only.

Thanks for the reply.

Regards,

Michael.

T

TWHarrington

On the Exchange server, is there a Managed folder mailbox policy set for the mailbox in question or a Retention Policy set?

Run: Get-Mailbox -identity "username" | ft ManagedFolderMailboxPolicy, RetentionPolicy

M

MichaelSuresh

HI,
There is no Managed Folder Mailbox policies set in the Exchange 2010

Thanx.

Michael

T

TWHarrington

If this is only happening to one user and there are no Managed Folder policies OR Retention polices set for this user, then it has to be on the client side. Please try to delete and recreate his Outlook profile from scratch, reinstall Outlook, or have him use a different computer and see what happens.

U

umphid

I'm betting there is a Blackberry or other client in addition to Outlook and it's not choosing the option to keep mail on the server.

M

Michael Suresh

HI umphid,

There is a blackberry, which will keep only 30 days email. Let me see the blackberry settings will synchronizes with the user inbox, especially as we are using Microsoft exchange. Some blackberry's won't synchronise with Exchange due to the settings in the blackberry.

Let me check this and reply.

Thanks for the clue. Hope this will leads to the solution.

Regards,

Michael.

M

Michael Suresh

Hi Umphid and Harrington,

The issue is resolved and Thanks for help me.

Regds,

Michael.

Status
Not open for further replies.