Automatic responses not making it from 2010 to users still on 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.

4jander

The problem: Automatic responses from rooms or equipment boxes on Exchange 2010 does not arrive to users who have their mailboxes on Exchange 2003, yes it works fine if your mailbox is on Exchange 2010.
We have tried to move and convert resource mailboxes and created some new and there is no difference, users on 2003 simple do not get a reply from the room, but users on 2010 does.
We are in the middele of an Exchange 2003 to Exchange 2010 migration. We have one 2003 and one 2010. Everything is running fine and blah blah blah. Is this a know issue?

S

Shafaquat Ali

Hi ,

Is your routing group is working fine I think there is some issue with your routing group configuration.

Regards.

Shafaquat Ali.

M.C.I.T.P Exchange 2007/2010, M.C.I.T.P Windows Server 2008, M.C.T.S OCS Server 2007 R2

4jander

Yes it is asfar as I can see. I can send and recive mail between ordinary users just fine. What else to check?

A

Allen Song

Hi,

Did you check the queue viewer? Was the message of the meeting response stuck in there? Any error message was received in the Queue or Event log on the Exchange 2010 Transport server?

From the symptom, that should be the mail flow issue. Please help me clarify the above questions.

Thanks

Allen

4jander

There are no messages stuck in queue and nothing in event log, they just disappear.

Our workaround will simple be to leave all recource boxes on the 2003 server until all users are moved to 2010. It's not a solution, but it's a working workaround.

A

Allen Song

Hi,

Did you check the message tracking log to confirm whether the meeting response was indeed generated and sent? If not track related to the meeting response in the log, this indicates the message was not generated. If the track is there, please confirm it and check the protocol log further to get the cause of the issue.

Thanks

Allen

Status
Not open for further replies.