More OLK 2003 online Mode trouble - SubFolders are displayed on the root of the Mailbox as link

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

testrrrr

Hi,

as Mr. Carius describes on his website http://www.msxfaq.de/clients/outlook2003e2010.htm (in german) there is a Problem that Outlook 2003 in online Mode displays SubFolders not only at their place but also on the root of the Mailbox. This only occurs if one has more than 3 hierarchy steps (for example Mailbox\f1\f2\f3\f4). (Mayby you have to start outlook with /restfolders to see this problem). Webmail and cachmode are not showing this error).

He describes that the beta of exchange 2010 SP1 has still this problem.

We have the problem too - i tried to move such a mailbox back to exchange 2003 - after that the Problem had been gone.

Does anybody has more information about this and is there a hofix from Microsoft?

J

James-Luo

Symptom: Outlook 2003 online mode shows the nested subfolders in the folder root

Example:

1. Create a hierarchy of mailbox folders at least 3 levels deep

Inbox

Inbox\1level

Inbox\1level\2level

Inbox\1level\2level\3level

Inbox\1level\2level\3level\subfolder1

Inbox\1level\2level\3level\subfolder2

Inbox\1level\2level\3level\subfolder3

Notes: The actual content in the folders is not relevant

2. Re-launch outlook. The previously created subfolders suddenly appear at the root of the hierarchy

Inbox

1level

2level

3level

subfolder1

Resolution: The issue will not be reproduced in the exchange 2010 SP1. I have also verified in the lab (Exchange 2010 SP1 Beta + Outlook 2003 online mode)

James Luo

T

testrrrr

Thank you very much for that info. I now read Mr. Carius article again and found that he wrote that the error was not reproducable with Exchange 2010 SP1 Beta - the first time I read it I thougt he meant is not solved. Sorry for that.

At the moment we stopped moving mailboxes for this problem. Is there a hotfix available or could you give information about the release date for SP1?

J

James-Luo

Per my search, no

You can RSS the exchange 2010 category on the exchange team blog, it will be the first place you can get the release schedule on exchange 2010 SP1

James Luo

Status
Not open for further replies.