"Your mailbox has been temporarily moved on Microsoft Exchange Server"

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

rwright142

Exchange 2003, Outlook 2007

In Outlook, the Inbox folder does not show up under Mailbox - User Name. Starting with " Outlook Today" and clicking on the " inbox" like he can get to his messages.

In OWA the envelope icon shows up but instead of saying " Inbox" it had a URL like " http://video.google.com&search=" ...

I used exmerge to extract the data for the user, deleted the mailbox, then used exmerge to import it back.

" Inbox" now shows up in OWA but when Outlook is launched it gives this message:

" Your mailbox has been temporarily moved on Microsoft Exchange Server. A temporary mailbox exists, but might not have all of your data. You can connect to the temporary mailbox or work offline with all of your old data. If you choose to work with your old data, you cannot send or receive e-mail messages."

Did I miss a step somewhere?

D

Deli Pro-Exchange

This happens because you still use the same profile and the mailbox is recreated.

You need to delete the outlook profile and create a new one

Deli

W

Watersed

Sorry,

My Outlook express was deleted by the last tech person at the Geek Squad when he saw that I was using AOL almost exclusively.

My permanent home is on a small island in Lake Erie, the only free ISP I can get is AOL.

Here was my original message. Thanks for your reply.

Can I somehow reload Outlook? or is there a way around it....ooops, have to trim the sails....

Constantly get reminded to apply two updates to my system..says it is critical. Everytime I try, I get the same errors. SP39516.exe

HP Active support library error error : 1316 A Netwwork error occcured while attempting to read from the file c:\windows\installer\hpactivesupportlibrary.msi

Error 1603 Fatal Error during installation. Consult Windows Installer help.
I have gone to msi.chm and msdn for help, but have been completely unsussessful. Is there someway safely to let a " very smart tech person" take my system over and fix this for me. I am on a sailboat offshore several miles. Just close enough for my Sprint / Nextel modem to work just fine. Thanks!!
B&T

W

Watersed

does this mean that it now works, or that Deli is right on with the advice. Do I still need to follow your earlier instructions?B&T

H

Hisfastness

I just encountered the same problem, and was able to get all of my old data back to my new profile (contacts, saved e-mails, inbox folders, etc.). Before creating a new profile, when the error message appears, choose the option to use old data. When outlook loads (using Outlook 2010), go to File -> Options and click on 'Advanced'. You should see an 'Export' section, click on the 'Export' button. An 'Import and Export Wizard' window will appear, click on 'Export to a File' and click next, then choose 'Outlook data file (.pst)'. The next screen will ask you a folder to export, in which you can choose from all your outlook folders...for a complete backup, I suggest choosing the root folder. It should be the name of your profile, for example: " username @hotmail.com" . Make sure 'Include subfolders' is checked. The final screen will ask what location to store the .pst file in, and if you want to add a password to it. Now you've backed up all your Outlook data :)

To import the .PST to your new profile, make sure to change Outlooks default profile to the new one you've created (as Deli suggested). When outlook loads up, click on File -> Open, and then click on 'Import'. Choose 'Import from another program or file' and click next, then choose 'Outlook data file (.pst)' and click next. Now you just point it to the .pst file you exported earlier, and all of your information will be imported into Outlook in its own folder. From there you can drag everything (emails, contacts, etc.) into the folders that you want. And that's it, hope this helps someone else.

C

colega5

that did it here...

start--> control panel --> Mail

erase profiles

close mail

re-open mail icon from control panel and add profile(s) again.

thanks Deli Pro-Exchange ..

Status
Not open for further replies.