difficulty sending emails between accounts in outlook

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am trying to send an emails between my 2 different accounts in outlook-- one is msn and the other is hotmail. I have set the computer date back in time so as to get a date different that today.

I am getting an error message that says the operation can not be performed because the connection to the server is offline.

Can anyone help me with this? It doesn't seem to make sense that the date would have anything to do with it, but its the only thing I can think of. any help would be much appreciated. :cool:

larry

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 64 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
it's the time. some servers will accept the mail and change the time stamp to now, but others reject it if the time difference is too high.

Thanks. I had a feeling.

Is there any possible way around this or any sugggestions on how I can get this to work? much appreciated.

:eek:....I am doing a journal between emails that express my feeling about my husband during our courtship. We wrote a lot of emails to one another before we were married (we still do because he travels alot). He loves that we did that. So, I thought it would be cute to send these fictional emails back and forth about what was going on in our lives, my feelings etc and put them in a book format for our anniversary. Corny.. I know. But unique.

i am not sure now how to do it because it wont be the same if the date is current.

thanks!

catherized

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 32 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server 2010
Are you printing them? If so, edit the date before printing. You can do a lot with a program like SnagIt or Photoshop if you are using screenshots.

I am printing them out. Basically, I just want them to look like regular emails. So what you are saying is i somehow take the document before it is printed and use one of these type softwares to edit them and then print them?

That adds an interesting dimension. Perhaps I can now add color images, like hearts and flowers and curly - q's and thought bubbles... this is getting good.

I will have to see more about this. thanks!

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Yes, you'll print to an electronic format - if you use Snagit (http://www.techsmith.com, 30 day trial) you can print to te snagit printer to create jpgs then edit the date in snagit, if desired. Oe you could use word and design the message and make it look like an email.

Status
Not open for further replies.