After uninstall of Exchange 2003 Server - Outlook reports error (0x8004010F)

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

blop

I have just uninstalled an Exchange 2003 server that ran some connectors for a migration from Groupwise to Exchange 2007.

I followed the instructions here:
http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/Transitioning-Exchange-2000-2003-Exchange-Server-2007-Part3.html

After the uninstall of Exchange 2003 my Outlook 2003 clients homed on Exchange 2007 report this message when doing a Send / Recieve:

Task 'Microsoft Exchange Server' reported error (0x8004010F) : 'The operation failed. An object could not be found.'

I believe this is linked to the clients looking for an OAB or Free Busy Info from the 2003 exchange?

Im starting to think that although i moved the OAB i did not move the Free Busy Info.....

I have only one Public Folder Database which is in the Exchange 2007 Storage Group....when i look at it using the 2003 Management tools i can see multiple references for Schedule Free Busy and Offline Address Book.

Offline Address Book - /o=EXCHANGEORG/cn=addrlists/cn=oab/cn=Default Offline Address List
Offline Address Book - Exchange Administrative Group (FYDIBOHF23SPDLT)

Schedule+ Free Busy Information - Exchange Administrative Group (FYDIBOHF23SPDLT)
Schedule+ Free Busy Information - First Administrative Group

I suspect that some of these refer to the 2003 box and should be deleted?

What is the best and safest way to do this.

Many thanks for your help!

V

--Vinod--

In the Exchange Management Console, expand Server Configuration , and then click Mailbox . In the Database Management window, right-click Properties on the mailbox store. Click the Client Settings tab, click Browse , and then click the appropriate offline address book. Click OK two times.

B

blop

Hi,

I had seen that suggestion when googling...when i do as instructed it only offers me the Default Offline Address Book and the Offline Web Address both i believe are 2007 Address Books.

V

--Vinod--

I would rebuild OAB on EX2007 server. and send out couple of test meeting requests to users and have them accept the same.

also recreate a brand new OL profile and check

B

blop

Thanks for the further help.

Free / Busy works ok for users so i assume the exchange 2007 free busy folder is unaffected by the changes. I have created a new profile and a new mailbox user and the error is still there.

The server has not been entirley removed from AD yet...shall i carry on and delete the object. I wondered if it was Service Record Pointers related

M

Mumin CICEK [MVP]

hi,

please delete the old OAB and then create it again and assign it to mailbox store as Vinod S Poojary.

restart MailSubmission Service and information store service.

then from outlook donwload the address book.

regards,

Mumin CICEK | Exchange - MVP | www.cozumpark.com | www.mumincicek.com

B

blop

Hi,

I have done that however when i click Download Address Book it only displays one entry for Exchange Server in the Send / Recieve menu and also reports the same error.

Task 'Microsoft Exchange Server' reported error (0x8004010F) : 'The operation failed. An object could not be found.'

ah so im in a bit of a pickle then....as my clients cannot get OAB updates.

A

Allen Song

Hi,

For the legacy clients, the Public Folder must be existed in the Exchange 2007. Did you enable public folder distribution on the Default Offline Address Book Properties so that the legacy clients can download OAB withouth issue?

Please run get-offlineaddressbook |fl command in EMS, then post the information on the forum.

Thanks

Allen

Status
Not open for further replies.