Exchange 2007 from scratch

• Thread starter Ajay Sarda
  • Start date Views 438
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Ajay Sarda

Hi
I need to setup exchange 2007 for 300 users in my office. I have hardware as per requirement and software side i have windows 2008 std edition without any cals, exchange 2007 std server one licence with 100 cals. What are the additional software required and what all cals do i require for the exchange to work and also i need to expose the web mail. What is the microsoft recomendation?

V

--Vinod--

About Exchange CAL see below.

You need to register MX record for the domain with ISP which will point to your exchange server
Exchange Server 2007 Pricing

Note: All prices reflect pricing for purchases within the United States and are in U.S. dollars. The prices listed are estimated prices; reseller pricing can vary.

Products Prices Features Server License Offerings

Exchange Server 2007 Standard Edition

$699 US

Enables creation of up to 5 storage groups, with a maximum of 5 databases per Mailbox server role.

Exchange Server 2007 Enterprise Edition

$3,999 US

Enables creating up to 50 storage groups, with a maximum of 50 databases per Mailbox server role.

CAL License Offerings

Exchange Server 2007 Standard CAL

$67 US

The Exchange Server 2007 user/device CAL is required for each user/device gaining access to the server, and entitles access rights to both editions of Exchange Server.

Exchange Server 2007 Enterprise CAL License and Software Assurance (L&SA)*

$35 US

The Exchange Enterprise CAL provides access to Unified Messaging and advanced compliance, as well as Forefront Security for Exchange Server and Exchange Hosted Filtering for onsite and hosted antivirus and anti-spam protection.

Other License Offerings

External Connector**

Varies

Grants access to the Exchange server by an unlimited number of external users that can include, but is not limited to, business partners, suppliers, customers, retirees, and alumni. It is licensed per server.

Additional Software would be Antispam software such as Forefront for Exchange and file level scanner for exchange. and firewall software such as ISA or any other 3rd party software

You need to prepare your domain for exchange 2007 setup.

below are step by step to do the same.

White Paper: Preparing Active Directory for Exchange 2007

Installing Exchange 2007 (Part 1)

About how to publish OWA see below

http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/Publishing-Exchange-2007-OWA-ISA-Server-2006.html

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb794751.aspx

Vinod |CCNA|MCSE 2003 +Messaging|MCTS|ITIL V3|

Status
Not open for further replies.