Can't create Outlook 2003 exchange mail profile keeps asking for password

• Thread starter ARRRRRRGH
  • Start date Views 617
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

ARRRRRRGH

Running MS Exchange 2007 Server w/latest updates and sp.  I have a few computers that I am unable to create Outlook Mail profiles for (Outlook 2003 & 2007).  I enter in the Microsfot Exchange Server, and then the Username.  I click the "Check Name" button and then the username/password box comes up. Enter the password in, but it does not recognize it and it is the correct password.  I click cancel on the login box and noticed that it does recognize the user name because it underlines it.  Doesn't matter who I log in as, and it's only a few workstations.  All other network programs work fine.  OWA works.  I've created test accounts, checked IIS settings, restarted server.  Really weird.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

R

Rajnish R Sharma

Is this happening to all the users accounts on all the machines or few users on few machines?

If  your users are loggin into AD , is auto configuration working fine on outlook 2007 machines?

Do you get any event IDs on exchange regarding this?Raj

A

ARRRRRRGH

I'm getting this on Outlook 2003 and 2007.  Didn't have this issue before.  I don't see any event IDs on exchange server.

"Integrated Windows authentication" is checked in IIS Autodiscover Properites\Directory Security.

R

Rajnish R Sharma

If this is not happening to all the users then hopefully the configurations are fine. Check name happens from AD , so the AD authentication is fine. Is it happening from some local profiles created already on the OL. Also try these

1. Instead of exchange server name , try with the IP of the exchange server.

2. Also try with the GC server (in the same AD site) name and IP address while doing the check name.

3. Reset the password of couple of accounts and also try to shift your test users from one OU to another OU.

Raj

V

--Vinod--

MAke sure these Users are highlighted in GAL. does this happens to all newly created MBX's?

Do you use Outlook Anywhere Profile? or MAPI Profile? i would also check the authentication between Exchange and DC/GC's

if possible restart GC once and try

Status
Not open for further replies.