Had a customer of ours that stumbled upon what seems to be a bug with Outlook and Onenote integration. The customer is running Exchange 2007 and Outlook 2007. We are running Exchange 2010 and Outlook 2007 and can recreate the issue as well.
Here's the steps to reproduce:
1. Create a one-time, non-recurring Outlook appointment, save it.
2. Open the appointment again and then click the "Meeting Notes" OneNote button (upper-right)
3. This will launch Onenote (if not already opened) and (as long as you have already saved the appointment) will have a “Link to Outlook item” link.
4. Click the "Link to the Outlook item" link. This will open the item automatically (or change window focus to it if it is already open)
5. At this point, simply clicking "Save" will result in a RECURRING MEETING.
I"ve tried clicking the link, then adding and removing recurrence, then saving. It still saves it as a recurring meeting.
I've seen only a couple different people post about this via google searches:
No good answers for either.
Anyone have any input on this?