RPC over HTTPS - Outlook 2007 keeps on loosing connection to Exchage 2003

• Thread starter Stefan_23
  • Start date Views 523
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Stefan_23

Hi all, this is my very first post here, so let me start with saying hello to everyone.

I am running Exchange 2003 SP2 with RPC over HTTPS configured. One of my remote users (Outlook 2007) keeps on loosing connection to the server (other services such as web browsing or FTP are OK). Any idea??

thanks in advance,

Stefan

F

Frank.Wang

Hi Stefan,

Welcome! Sorry for delay response.

Could you please make a test to confirm whether the problem is network issue?

Please connect the client computer to company network, go to outlook anywhere configuration page, select "On fast networks, connect using HTTP first...",

Does it loose connetion to exchange server repeatly,too?

If you are using RPC over HTTPS, suggest you also select "Use Cached Exchange Mode".Frank Wang

S

Stefan_23

Frank,

thanks for your reply.

I performed the test and there is no problem within the LAN. Outlook doesn't loose the connection and stays connected all the time.

However I'd like to ask one more question. At the moment both options (On fast/slow networks, connect using HTTP...) are always checked. Could it be the problem? If not I would blame it on the network.

Btw. the Outlook has been already configured to use Cashed Mode.

thanks and regards,

Stefan

F

Frank.Wang

Hi,

Outlook doesn't loose the connection and stays connected all the time.

Do you mean when you click the outlook icon on the toolbar with "Ctrl", the "Conn" is all HTTPS?

At the moment both options (On fast/slow networks, connect using HTTP...) are always checked. Could it be the problem?

It could not be problem. It just let outlook connects to exchange server using RPC over HTTPS both on LAN and Internet.

Could you please use RPC ping to make a test?
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/831051/en-us

Have you try to create a new outlook profile for the user?

Frank Wang

C

Casper Pieterse

How is your RPC over HTTPS being published? FW->ISA->Exchange or just FW->Exchange? I've seen issues in the past where FWs drop connections is they are open for an extended period of time. Have you checked your FW logs?

I would also check out events on the RPC/HTTP host. Are there any errors in the event log?

Casper Pieterse, Principle Consultant - UC, Dimension Data South Africa, Microsoft Certified Master: Exchange 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.