Outlook 2003 errors

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mick Z

Getting three different error messages.

1. Can't open this item network probs are preventing connection to Microsoft exchange server computer.

2. A fatal error has occured in Outlook. The data i nyour envelope has been lost, but your document is still available.

3. Microsoft Office Outlook has encountered prob & needs to close.

E

Ed Crowley [MVP]

1. This can be caused by any number of problems, including misconfigured DNS or WINS, a network connectivity issue, or some configuration issue in Outlook or Exchange.

2 and 3. Please consider posting these to an Outlook forum.
--

Ed Crowley MVP
"There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."

"Mick Z" wrote in message news:75ed67fe-ce2d-4bc3-b583-12e873e074ea...

1. Can't open this item network probs are preventing connection to Microsoft exchange server computer.

2. A fatal error has occured in Outlook. The data i nyour envelope has been lost, but your document is still available.

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."

M

Mick Z

I looked for an Outlook forum and only found Outlook 2010 beta, or 2007. This is for Outlook 2003.

I believe the one below is the main problem. The staff member I am trying to help is getting this one constantly. Does anybody know if the event view could be setup to give more info on this when it happens.

Microsoft Office Outlook has encountered prob & needs to close.

E

Ed Crowley [MVP]

How about Technet.en-US.Outlook?
--

Ed Crowley MVP

"Mick Z" wrote in message news:b848131b-b37f-424d-b660-1fdfdebecbe0...

I looked for an Outlook forum and only found Outlook 2010 beta, or 2007. This is for Outlook 2003.

I believe the one below is the main problem. The staff member I am trying to help is getting this one constantly. Does anybody know if the event view could be setup to give more info on this when it happens.

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."

E

Ed Crowley [MVP]

--

Ed Crowley MVP

"Mick Z" wrote in message news:b848131b-b37f-424d-b660-1fdfdebecbe0...

M

Mick Z

I don't see that forum. Do you have a link?

B

Ben M. Schorr [MVP]

Does this happen even if you start Outlook in Safe Mode? (hold down CTRL while you click the icon) See if this helps: http://www.officeforlawyers.com/outlook/tsol.htm#safe

J

James-Luo

If the issue only happen to the single client machine, and the issue can"t be reproduced for problematic user when recreates the mail profile on a testing machine. You can narrow down the cause to outlook client side, then yes, please use the outlook related newsgroup for the question

James Luo

M

Mick Z

Thanks for the link. It is only happening on one single machine, looks like I'm head to the newsgroup. Thanks all.

M

Mick Z

Here is the message that is showing up multiple times in the event log.

Faulting application outlook.exe, version 11.0.8000.0, stamp 43599e06, faulting module outllib.dll, version 11.0.8002.0, stamp 437304bc, debug? 0, fault address 0x000228d1.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Status
Not open for further replies.