Outlook public shared calendar appointments missing

• Thread starter TheNinjaDad
  • Start date Views 4,068
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TheNinjaDad

I have one new lapotp that is running outlook 2007 connected to Exchange 2003. When Shared Calendars are being viewed from Exchange on this laptop no appointments are displayed. I also logged in with my domain account and the appointments are not there. I see them on my laptop but the same user, logged in to his old laptop and can not see them there either. This lead me to believe the OST or PST file was corrupt. I ran the ScanPST.exe on the OST and PST files which found errors but after the scan the problem still exists.

E

Ed Crowley [MVP]

Please describe these shared calendars. Where are they?
Ed Crowley MVP
" There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."

" TheNinjaDad" wrote in message news:28b2429a-c889-499a-99bb-bbf75e40eded...
I have one new lapotp that is running outlook 2007 connected to Exchange 2003. When Shared Calendars are being viewed from Exchange on this laptop no appointments are displayed. I also logged in with my domain account and the appointments are not there. I see them on my laptop but the same user, logged in to his old laptop and can not see them there either. This lead me to believe the OST or PST file was corrupt. I ran the ScanPST.exe on the OST and PST files which found errors but after the scan the problem still exists.Ed Crowley MVP " There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."

T

TheNinjaDad

These are Active Directory Resources with Exchange Accounts we use for resource scheduling. The Calendars for these resources are shared. All users can see them usually. So this is the first time I have seen them come up blank on a computer when I can see the appointments from my computer.

J

Jineshv

Since it appears to be machine specific, did you try a new profile, safe mode of Outlook etc?- Thanks, Jinesh.

T

TheNinjaDad

I did try a new profile. I logged in to the laptop with my domain account, creating a new profile, and set up my exchange email. I got the same results. Ironicly he has his old laptop still and gets the same results there. I suspected a bad pst file so I ran scanpst and scan ost. No fix there.

I did not try outlook safe mode.

T

TheNinjaDad

I did notice one thing when looking at his calendar and other peoples shared calendars on his computer next to mine on my computer. He can see some appointments but most are not there. Only ones that are bold are on his computer and mine. However: I have lots of other appointments showing up that are not bold. Even when I look at his calendar on his computer and compare his calendar on my computer. All the items in his calendar show up on my outlook but not all show up in outlook on his laptop. Another thing is if I create an appointment in his calendar on his laptop I see it on mine but not on his. And while I was viewing both a reminder showed up on his laptop for a meeting and I saw that it was scheduled in his calendar on my laptop but it did not show up on his.

This leads me to believe he can not see free and busy data or something like that. I just discussed with him what the difference was in the bold appointments that show up and the ones that do not show up. He said those were ones he entered on his computer. Not ones that other people booked.

There has to be an explination for this. Any further help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Mike

T

TheNinjaDad

By the way, I did try safe mode, a different profile, disjoined and rejoined the computer to the domain, and ran the Outlook Office Diagnostics. Found nothing there either.

T

TheNinjaDad

The problem with this was very simple as they usually are. There is a setting in outlook above the calendars. It is 3 radio buttons for amount of details to the right of Day, Week, Month. It was set to low. Changing it to high resolved this issue.

Thanks,

Mike

J

Jineshv

Thanks for posting the answer - I don't see that option, though.- Thanks, Jinesh.

T

TheNinjaDad

I went to show it to someone else and could not see it on their Outlook either. It must be a setting somewhere that gives you the ability to turn that option on. However I have not found it. If anyone does they could post it.

A

a0969

Calendar needs to be set to Month (not week or day) and the Details: radio buttons then show up

OL 2007 they show above the mm/yyyy and below menu bars

M

Mitzi C

Thanks guys, this just saved me a lot of hassle. We're running Exchange 2010 and Outlook 2010...detail level, who woulda thought??

Status
Not open for further replies.