Hidden Auto-Complete message and Exchange stripping/archiving

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

LDVG

Hello,

In Outlook 2010 the Auto-Complete list is stored in a hidden message in the mailbox store on Exchange.

We use 3rd party message compliance service (Quest Archive Manager) that strip and archive messages after a certain period of time.

Will this strip service delete the hidden message that stores the Auto-Complete list? What is the messsage class type (IPM.Note) for the Auto-Complete message as that is how Archive Manager determines what to strip.

Thank you,

MCTS 70-620 Certified

E

Ed Crowley [MVP]

You should ask Quest Software.
--

Ed Crowley MVP
"There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."

"LDVG" wrote in message news:2b6b646d-5df5-4984-9167-7068883e38cb...

Hello,

In Outlook 2010 the Auto-Complete list is stored in a hidden message in the mailbox store on Exchange.

We use 3rd party message compliance service (Quest Archive Manager) that strip and archive messages after a certain period of time.

Will this strip service delete the hidden message that stores the Auto-Complete list? What is the messsage class type (IPM.Note) for the Auto-Complete message as that is how Archive Manager determines what to strip.

Thank you,

MCTS 70-620 CertifiedEd Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."

F

Frank.Wang

Hi LDVG,

The message class type is IPM.Configuration.Autocomplete.

And entries are stored in the Associated Contents table of the Inbox on the server.

But about how Quest deals with the class, the Quest support is a good choice.

Frank Wang

L

LDVG

Thank you both for your responses.

I'll update when I get ahold of Quest but as far as my original question you have answered it.

MCTS 70-620 Certified

Status
Not open for further replies.