Embedded items are not showing up.

X

xdigimon

Hi,

I have one Outlook 2003 SP3 client with Exchange 2003 SP2 account that gets empty embedded e-mail items, while others can see these embedded e-mails and attachments in them just fine. I cannot find any difference in Outlook settings and Exchange mailbox settings between this one user and others. This user has the same issue with internet e-mails on different computers, local e-mails are fine. When an e-mail is sent to the group this user belongs to, he can open embedded attachments just fine. Only internet e-mails addressed to him explicitly are giving problems.
What can cause this?

Thank you.

M

Mark Morowczynski

Have you compared his safe senders list to other safe senders list? Also what is in the IE trusted sites?

Mark Morowczynski|MCT| MCSE 2003:Messaging, Security|MCITP:EMA 2K7,EDA Win 7,ES,SA,EA|MCTS:Windows Mobile Admin|Security+|http://almostdailytech.com

X

xdigimon

Thank you for your reply Mark.

IE trusted sites is empty. Blocked senders list is empty. Safe senders list obviously differs from user to user. What should I look for?

X

xdigimon

Just wanted to add more details. The embedded attachments all appear to be 64B in size and when opened they appear like if you were composing a new e-mail with "This message has not been sent" banner under the Menu bar.

Any ideas?

X

xdigimon

Cleaned Safe Senders and Safe Recipients lists in Outlook. Still no luck. Embedded attachments in Internet e-mails are empty and all are 64B in size.

Please help.

X

xdigimon

I have recreated this user's mailbox and all attachments look fine so far.