Folder size for outbox on server data not clearing and found mail items in outbox on owa

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

anakeru

My environment is Exchange 2007 SP2 and clients use the office 2007 and IE 7,8 . I found the problem about:

1. When I check the Folder Size on the Microsoft outlook and then check the Outbox found that

- Outbox on Local Data = 0 KB

- Outbox on Server Data = 29161 KB

Remark: Users already sent mail to others and also sent mail completed.

2. When open the OWA I found the mail hold is in the outbox?

So, why the email in outbox on exchange holding? please help me for this issue.

Anake

E

Ed Crowley [MVP]

Is Outlook in cached mode? Then you're looking at the local cache and not the server and you have a synchronization issue. Turn off cached mode and see if it shows up. If so, you might want to delete the OST file and, if you want, re-establish cached mode.
Ed Crowley MVP
" There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."

" anakeru" wrote in message news:47d84d5f-493c-4529-8397-9ca2946030fb...

My environment is Exchange 2007 SP2 and clients use the office 2007 and IE 7,8 . I found the problem about:

1. When I check the Folder Size on the Microsoft outlook and then check the Outbox found that

- Outbox on Local Data = 0 KB

- Outbox on Server Data = 29161 KB

Remark: Users already sent mail to others and also sent mail completed.

2. When open the OWA I found the mail hold is in the outbox?

So, why the email in outbox on exchange holding? please help me for this issue.

Anake
Ed Crowley MVP " There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."

R

Richard Wang

There are many probabilities could cause this problem.

For example the performance of your exchange server, the lack of your disc space and replay loges in exchange or migration problem and so on.

Could you delete the items in OWA?

Do you need this items to be resent again?

If you cannot delete the outbox items please move this user's mailbox to another mailbox database and try it again.

Thanks.

Your expertise never fails to impress!

A

anakeru

Hi All,

Is Outlook in cached mode?

Yes, Outlook is in the cached mode however and I tried to create new outlook profile on the new computer but cannot fix it and also in the OWA still show mail items on the outbox.

Could you delete the items in OWA?

Yes, I can delete the mail items in OWA also can move mail items to other folder.

Do you need this items to be resent again?

No, because the Exchange system already sent mail to receiver but on the outbox not clearing (some old mail still holding in outbox on OWA, and on the Outlook when check Folder Size still more than 0 KB for outbox on part Server Data tab) so I think this problem occur on the Exchange Server?

If this problem occur on the Exchange Server and because of the replay loges in exchange or migration problem are the root causes please help me suggest me to verify these.

Status
Not open for further replies.