The attachmentsize exceeds the allowable limt

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TCNICT

I am using outlook 2007 on a windows 2008 terminal server i get a " The attachmentsize exceeds the allowable limit" when i try to change the category of an e-mail. This only happens when the mail is opened for reading or when the preview pane is active. When i disable the preview pane i can adjust the category to what ever i want. When i foreward or reply a message i also get the message: " The attachmentsize exceeds the allowable limit" Outlook seems to be stuck now. I found 2 way to continue: 1 kill outlook in taskmanager and press delete on the open message. Also found a workarround. When i go to tools=>options=>e-mail setup and check the box " close original message on reply or foreward" I can foreward or reply as expected. Other users on a XP client and outlook 2007 connecting to the same Exchange 2007 server do not get this message.

Any ideas any on where to look?

I have tried:
changing message size in exchange
Running outlook as adminstator (user rights)
creating new outlook profiles
disable all addins 1 by 1
outlook /save (that was where i noticed the difference between preview pane or no preview pane)
Create new user and mailbox
Disable all gpo's

T

TWHarrington

So is it only an issue on the Terminal Server client? Does this happen to you with you are on a desktop computer? Does it effect other users on the terminal server?

T

TCNICT

Yes only on terminal server and yes all users. On a desktop computer i have no problems even when login in as the same user.

I also use citrix but the problem also exist when logging into RDP. Also User right seems no problem because it also happens when loggin in as an domain administrator.

The message " The attachmentsize exceeds the allowable limit" is IMHO not correct.

I just found out that messages smaller then 10kb (Tiny <10kb) are not affected by this problem.

T

TWHarrington

OK...so this is specifically an issue with Outlook on the TS only. Has this always been an issue or has it just started, has it ever worked? Any updates installed recently on TS (Outlook or OS)? Is this the only TS or can you try on another server? Have you tried to delete your profile (windows profile, not outlook profile) on the TS and start over?

T

TCNICT

We are configuring these servers for a customer. The problem was discovered during testing. I would say it never worked. I will try to delete windows profile later today.

I created:

New user
New Mailbox
New Profile
Same error

T

TWHarrington

How about recent updates installed? What versions of OS and Outlook with SP are you using? Is there another TS to test on?

T

TCNICT

All microsoft and office updates where installed during install about 3 weeks ago. Windows versin is server 2008 standard sp2. Office 2007 professional plus sp2.

Another windows 2008 server sp2 with office 2007 sp connected to an exchange 2007 server works perfect. Different domain. I will try to connect crossway from both server to the exchange servers to see i the problem is reproducible.

Terminal Server 1 to Mail server 1 = problem
Terminal Server 2 to mail server 2 = OK
Terminal server 1 to mail server 2 = problem
Terminal server 2 to mail server 1 = OK

So it seems that terminal server 1 is causing the problem and that the exchange server 1 works fine.

T

TWHarrington

Can you reload the server or at least reload Office on it? Maybe the install didn't go well. What about anti-virus...they running the same clients?

T

TCNICT

I did a repair installation of office. Reinstall windows i want to avoid as long as possible because it is my " golden image" witch took about 3 week to build and test. Antivirus is the same version with the same setting and updates.

T

TCNICT

Thanks for the hotfix information. That seemed to solve the problem. We are starting a lager test right now to confirm. For now i have to kick some engineers but who told me that all updates where installed :-( . I will mark it as answer as soon as i have more confirmation.

This topic can be closed. The hotfix fixed the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.