PROBLEM OF 'DISCONNECTED' IN OUTLOOK 2007 running XP PRO OS, IN A NETWORK OF WINDOWS SERVER 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

vincen48

Please help, if you can.

I used to run a few Outlook 2007 with XP Pro OS in a Windows 2000 Server network and it was OK for years.

Last week, I upgraded the network to Windows 2003 server. After that, Outlook showed message "disconnected".

In order for Outlook to be connected, I had to take the server off the network, and it did get connected. After gettig the Outlook connencted, I put the server back, and it was OK. Nevertheless, it is now a pain because each time the Outlook is re-started, I have to teke the server out and put it back later.

I did try the following, but it did not work:

* checkinfg off the "Download shared Folder" in "Advanced" of "More Setting";

* Reg edit and creating the RCP entry, etc.

Please help with you know the solution.

Thank you very much.

Vincen48

vincen@newtonlawgroup.net

E

Ed Crowley [MVP]

What version of Exchange?
--

Ed Crowley MVP
"There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."

"vincen48" wrote in message news:13a5d9b7-7cb1-4261-b9ec-fd446dbc1259...

Please help, if you can.

I used to run a few Outlook 2007 with XP Pro OS in a Windows 2000 Server network and it was OK for years.

Last week, I upgraded the network to Windows 2003 server. After that, Outlook showed message "disconnected".

In order for Outlook to be connected, I had to take the server off the network, and it did get connected. After gettig the Outlook connencted, I put the server back, and it was OK. Nevertheless, it is now a pain because each time the Outlook is re-started, I have to teke the server out and put it back later.

I did try the following, but it did not work:

* checkinfg off the "Download shared Folder" in "Advanced" of "More Setting";

* Reg edit and creating the RCP entry, etc.

Please help with you know the solution.

Thank you very much.

Vincen48

vincen@newtonlawgroup.net

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."

E

Elvis Wei

Hi Vincen48,

Are you using Exchange? What"s the meaning of “I had to take the server off the network,”? How you Outlook connect to your mail server? Pop3/imap4 or Exchange mode?

Thanks,

Elvis

Status
Not open for further replies.