Cannot create new Outlook 2007 appointments in calendar while disconnected (even with cached mode en

• Thread starter Roger Tr.
  • Start date Views 2,883
R

Roger Tr.

Hello !

I'm Working in a company that has Exchange 2007. On a laptop with Windows 7 and Outlook 2007, you cannot create new appointments on the calendar when not connected to our local network, even if you have activated the Cached Exchange Mode. In other machines with Outlook 2003 it works without problems.
When you try to save the appointment in your calendar, you get an info balloon in the notification area from windows as follows:

(translated From Spanish): Cannot save item. The connection to Microsoft Exchange is unavailable.

Thanks in advance,

Roger

E

Ed Crowley [MVP]

Are you sure that you are saving to the mailbox's calendar and not a public folder calendar or some other person's calendar?
Ed Crowley MVP
" There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."

" Roger Tr." wrote in message news:0d792a9d-4248-4918-ba51-e2a86b99eae6...

Hello !

I'm Working in a company that has Exchange 2007. On a laptop with Windows 7 and Outlook 2007, you cannot create new appointments on the calendar when not connected to our local network, even if you have activated the Cached Exchange Mode. In other machines with Outlook 2003 it works without problems.
When you try to save the appointment in your calendar, you get an info balloon in the notification area from windows as follows:

(translated From Spanish): Cannot save item. The connection to Microsoft Exchange is unavailable.

Thanks in advance,

Roger
Ed Crowley MVP " There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."

R

Richard Wang

Please create a new outlook profile and try it again.

The conflict OST file maybe cause this problem.

Thanks
Your expertise never fails to impress!

M

Mark Morowczynski

I'm guessing that all other aspects of the Outlook client work as well. You are receiving new mail and able to send mail in this state?

Mark Morowczynski|MCT| MCSE 2003:Messaging, Security|MCITP:EMA 2K7,EDA Win 7,ES,SA,EA|MCTS:Windows Mobile Admin|Security+|http://almostdailytech.com