Outlook 2007 Autodiscover Security Alert (The name on the security certificate is invalid or does n

• Thread starter twobearsmass
  • Start date Views 3,776
T

twobearsmass

Hello;

I was wondering if someone could help me with a problem in regards to the use of Outlook 2007 and the Autodiscover feature. I have a SBS2008 Premium Edition server and this now supports Autodiscovery service however, I cannot get the " Security Alert" box to disappear. I have many users that connect to our server here in house and everyone using Outlook 2003 has no problems but the rest that use Outlook 2007 keep getting the pop up box when you open Outlook saying that the security certificate does not match the name of the site. If I click on " view certificate" it says that the certificate is valid, dates are valid, but the name on the ceritificate says it was issued to www.pfyfn.com by network solutions.

The program asks if you want to proceed and if you click on yes everything works fine but the certificate problems keep popping up every time you open Outlook. I have tried installing the certificate and read many webpages about how to resolve the issue but none of the responses have helped or I have not tried them as I don't want to make a mistake. If someone could please offer me any help with this problem I would greatly appreciate as I am at a stand still on this issue. Thanks so much in advance to anyone who could help.

Thank You!

Bob

E

Ed Crowley [MVP]

Outlook 2007 uses web services to connect to Autodiscover, free-busy data, out-of-office status, and the offline address book. If you don't have a certificate installed for those that is trusted by Outlook, it'll throw errors.
Ed Crowley MVP
" There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."

" twobearsmass" wrote in message news:e17acafe-99d7-4381-9f9d-770477e7f50b...

Hello;

I was wondering if someone could help me with a problem in regards to the use of Outlook 2007 and the Autodiscover feature. I have a SBS2008 Premium Edition server and this now supports Autodiscovery service however, I cannot get the " Security Alert" box to disappear. I have many users that connect to our server here in house and everyone using Outlook 2003 has no problems but the rest that use Outlook 2007 keep getting the pop up box when you open Outlook saying that the security certificate does not match the name of the site. If I click on " view certificate" it says that the certificate is valid, dates are valid, but the name on the ceritificate says it was issued to www.pfyfn.com by network solutions.

The program asks if you want to proceed and if you click on yes everything works fine but the certificate problems keep popping up every time you open Outlook. I have tried installing the certificate and read many webpages about how to resolve the issue but none of the responses have helped or I have not tried them as I don't want to make a mistake. If someone could please offer me any help with this problem I would greatly appreciate as I am at a stand still on this issue. Thanks so much in advance to anyone who could help.

Thank You!

Bob
Ed Crowley MVP " There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."