Outlook 2010 "Advance View Settings" - Exporting to other users

T

TMiq

In Outlook 2010, is there anyway of exporting a users " Advanced Outlook Views?" I've searched the net and seems to be very little info on this. We use these Advanced Outlook Views heavily and do not want to manually rebuild the complex filtering and sorting arrangements, manully. This would be extremely time consuming and error prone; it is simply too easy to overlook various rules built by a user.

In one instance I attempted to copy views to a .pst, but it seems in brought to names of the views, but did not bring the actual rules, only the view names where transfered.

Please note: The Outlook 2010 " Import/export customations" in the Outlook Options >> Quick Access Toolbar only exports Toolbar customizations. It is a very cool tool, but when it is used it does not include the Advanced Outlook Views customizations.

If Microsoft does not provide a way to get this out, does anyone know of any third party tools for this?

Thanks.

E

Ed Crowley [MVP]

You should post this to an Outlook forum.
Ed Crowley MVP
" There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."

" TMiq" wrote in message news:20de865e-c654-4a9f-803b-f89ddc49bbdb...

In Outlook 2010, is there anyway of exporting a users " Advanced Outlook Views?" I've searched the net and seems to be very little info on this. We use these Advanced Outlook Views heavily and do not want to manually rebuild the complex filtering and sorting arrangements, manully. This would be extremely time consuming and error prone; it is simply too easy to overlook various rules built by a user.

In one instance I attempted to copy views to a .pst, but it seems in brought to names of the views, but did not bring the actual rules, only the view names where transfered.

Please note: The Outlook 2010 " Import/export customations" in the Outlook Options >> Quick Access Toolbar only exports Toolbar customizations. It is a very cool tool, but when it is used it does not include the Advanced Outlook Views customizations.

If Microsoft does not provide a way to get this out, does anyone know of any third party tools for this?

Thanks.
Ed Crowley MVP " There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."

T

TMiq

Ed,

I went ahead and posted to the Outlook forum as you suggested, but please keep in mind, these Advanced Outlook Views do get picked up by Exchange and transferred to a client on another machine just as long as it is the same user. Obviously, this means Exchange knows how to copy that view.

Thanks in advance to anyone who might offer insight to the exporting of Advanced View Settings, which is looking to be quite obscure.

E

Ed Crowley [MVP]

Exchange doesn't copy it. I believe the views are stored in a hidden folder in the mailbox.
Ed Crowley MVP
" There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."

" TMiq" wrote in message news:a0777e20-c6f5-43ab-8fc9-b63bad9889a8...

Ed,

I went ahead and posted to the Outlook forum as you suggested, but please keep in mind, these Advanced Outlook Views do get picked up by Exchange and transferred to a client on another machine just as long as it is the same user. Obviously, this means Exchange knows how to copy that view.

Thanks in advance to anyone who might offer insight to the exporting of Advanced View Settings, which is looking to be quite obscure.
Ed Crowley MVP " There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."